Star Wars: The Force Awakens/Discuss--spoilers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
Ok I finally saw it and I did not think it delivered. To unrealistic. Things I did not like:

Rey just all of a sudden becomes a Jedi out of no where when she was just a scavenger on a planet and she is able to defend her self with a light saber against a well trained Kylo Ren

The death star pretty much gets blown up the same way the previous two did.

The gun t scene with the storm troopers, Han, Chewi, Fin, and Rey right after she discovers the light saber. I mean, Rey has never used a blaster before but can just point and hit the storm stroopers but the well trained storm troopers can't hit her when she is just standing still???

Didn't like how Fin could wield the light saber and defend himself so long against Kylo Ren...uhmmm he has not training with a light saber as far as we know.

Princess Leia is not hot like in the ROTJ.

I don't know I could just be to picky but I didn't think it was that great

Did you just say "To unrealistic"? It's fucking star wars. Facepalm.

Movie was great IMO. I was entertained. I suspended my disbelief for over 2 hours and was able to enjoy it fully. It was mostly consistent of the original 3 star wars IMO.

meh, it was ok.

I've never seen 1-3, so i probably missed some things. Honestly i have little interest in the series, but a chick i was out with wanted to go and she had passes so we went. lol

my understanding- as i heard from the uber nerds sitting behind me - Rey is supposed to be the clone of luke, that's why she has powers.

It did seem like they spent too much time on shit that didn't matter, and not enough on stuff that i cared about.
They tried too hard with the comic relief. I was almost expecting a family guy-esque clap track as the character looked into the camera for applause for a lame 1 liner. That damn bb8 was especially notorious. is it really that cute? EVERY time it said something, people all around me laughed as I looked around the theater wondering what was so funny...
it lacked any real emotion.

i missed how Solo had a kid and got into the dark side... must've been in 1-3 but doesn't make sense. maybe i just forgot because it's been 20 years since i've seen emipire strikes back. and who the heck is that Tekka guy? where did he come from? oh well...

meh, it was entertaining enough... certainly unworthy of 'best movie ever' and 'fastest ever to break a billion'

you know what else broke all records? The hootie and the blowfish CD. Proof that millions of people are stupid :)

Did you just say "To unrealistic"? It's fucking star wars. Facepalm. .

you know what I mean....I know it's fake but the scenarios were too unreal.....

I agree with B, it was trying to be too funny as well...I actually made that point to others ....

No B, we all just found out Han had a son, unless it's in some small series books that came out a long time ago but it was not in any of the movies

Abrams in my opinion created this movie to be a send off to the original trilogy. That is why there where so many New Hopeish scenes. I really hope the next two movies leave all the old stuff behind and tell us a new story that involves all the new characters. Some hat tips here and there are fine but 1 to 1 combat scenese and dialogue have no place in the future movies I think.

One theory for Rey is that she is Luke's daughter. Which would go a long ways in explaining how she could fend Ren off in the interrogation scene. We also know that Ren is a big man baby right now hence is lashing out and carving up computer consoles. So he was fighting out of emotion and anger rather than logic and tactics. I think the aim of the third act was to show the creation of an even more powerful Darth Lord. I fully expect that both Rey and Ren will be 90% done with their training in the next movie so Rey will be just about a Jedi and Ren will obtain the title of Darth Ren. That is my hope anyway.

I really enjoyed 7 and thought it did a pretty damn good job of straddling the line of old fan expectations and setting up a whole new story without pissing everyone off.

I don't know....for me...the revealing of Rey being strong with the force just came to fast and sudden.....at least in the original Ben knew Luke was Anakin's son and started his Jedi Training...and in Phantom Menace Qui Gon recognizes Anakin's connection with the force and sends his blood to be analyzed discovering he has the potential to be more power full than Yoda...and started his Training....

With The Force Awakens....Rey all of a sudden just starts using the Force out of no where....It would have been cool if like...she was being visited by Ben or Yodas spirit while she was out scavenging and she couldn't reach a part...and they were all like...Rey...use the force...

The movie was good ..don't get me wrong....it could have been done better....

I don't know....for me...the revealing of Rey being strong with the force just came to fast and sudden.....at least in the original Ben knew Luke was Anakin's son and started his Jedi Training...and in Phantom Menace Qui Gon recognizes Anakin's connection with the force and sends his blood to be analyzed discovering he has the potential to be more power full than Yoda...and started his Training....

With The Force Awakens....Rey all of a sudden just starts using the Force out of no where....It would have been cool if like...she was being visited by Ben or Yodas spirit while she was out scavenging and she couldn't reach a part...and they were all like...Rey...use the force...

The movie was good ..don't get me wrong....it could have been done better....
Well the Jedi are nearly extinct at this point, no one to analyze her blood or train her. Maybe she is just that much more pimp than Anakin and Luke.

Maybe it's like Jet Li in "The One" where all of the jedi are dead and their powers get distributed among the remaining jedi so shes like "leaking" the force. :p

Maybe it's like Jet Li in "The One" where all of the jedi are dead and their powers get distributed among the remaining jedi so shes like "leaking" the force. :p
Plausible, now the force is not so distributed among so many Jedi it is focused on her like a magnifying glass. :p

after what he did with the prequels and the last Indiana Jones his opinion means fuck all

*full disclosure - i have not yet seen ep 7

Yeah some of what he said sounds a bit like jealousy. Be sold his life's work and now someone else has made the best star wars film in 30 years. I know he blamed the studio and all that for episodes 1-3 but he still went forward with it.

Before Kylo Ren fought Finn and Rey, he had been shot by Chewie's blaster. They had already shown earlier in the film that Chewie's blaster is really powerful; so the audience is supposed to imagine Kylo fighting with an injury that would have completely incapacitated a normal person. Also, Rey was set up as a person who was familiar with all the stories of the rebellion and the force, and Han even told her "it's all true." These two things perfectly answer questions about the fight between Finn/Rey and Kylo Ren.

Before Kylo Ren fought Finn and Rey, he had been shot by Chewie's blaster. They had already shown earlier in the film that Chewie's blaster is really powerful; so the audience is supposed to imagine Kylo fighting with an injury that would have completely incapacitated a normal person. Also, Rey was set up as a person who was familiar with all the stories of the rebellion and the force, and Han even told her "it's all true." These two things perfectly answer questions about the fight between Finn/Rey and Kylo Ren.

Correct. Dude took a bolt from Chewie's laser cross bow. He was hurting during that fight.

But yes, I agree on Rey. Her powers came a bit too quickly when compared to the other films. Even if she is force sensitive, she shouldn't necessarily know how to do everything that she did. I'm not sure if they're just hoping that we'll buy it with the movie's explanation that she heard all the old stories about the Jedi and then Han Solo confirmed it as real for her, or if there will be some actual explanation in the next film.

And yes, Princess Leia was looking rough. For me though, the voice was the worst part. I was waiting to see her standing outside the Resistance base having a smoke break, lol.

I give it an 8/10.

i missed how Solo had a kid and got into the dark side... must've been in 1-3 but doesn't make sense. maybe i just forgot because it's been 20 years since i've seen emipire strikes back. and who the heck is that Tekka guy? where did he come from? oh well...

1-3 were prequels to the original movies, so no Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Apparently Han and Leia had a kid after Return of Jedi and Luke tried to train him as a Jedi and it didn't work out. That's all we know, really.

Which guy are you talking about?

It's not called the Death Star in this movie...It's Starkiller Base which was actually badass because it had an actual Hoth like planet surface and could destroy multiple planets at once even tho it took forever and a day to shoot the laser beam to do its killing. I think that Kylo Ren is gonna be more machine than human in the next one to complete his transformation to be like Vader. There was a lot of plot holes but it was generally a good movie.

Back