Start Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quiltyw

Hi, Everybody.

I just finished putting a ZC motor in to my 92 Civic. it's an Auto tranny that went in with it. All was well it started first try. Ran it testing for 200 k or so and yesterday it was really wet out damp moist so on. Well it doesn't start now. There's no spark. But the thing is when I turn the key to on all the lights on the dash stay on. I think that the ECU isn't letting the car start why?? How do I fix this. I haven't had a really good look yet but I think that the "Backup" 75 amp fuse is blown in the panel what is that for?

Wally

is it trying to turn over or are you trying to start it and nothing is happening? More information? Could be your starter, alternator, battery if it was working fine before? Also how do you know there is no spark?

word, details bro.. everyone here is taking stabs in the dark without any info. what test have you done yourself?

OK. Sorry everybody... I hadn't really had a chance to look at it until today. I know that there is no spark because I took a spark plug wire off and nothing. Took the distributor apart. No spark at the coil. It is trying to start it's rolling over but nothing. it's no the starter or the battery etc because the lights dim when we try to start it. Now I tried to get the codes out of the car with the jumper wire to the service connector and nothing I turn it to the on possision and the light just stays light up. Doesn't go out just stays light up. Tried to go threw all the procedures that are for the ECU but I finished them all and everything seems to check out. The light just stays on!

Please advise.

Wally

OK here's one more thing. I tested the throtle possision sensor it's supposed to be outputting like 5volts. It's not it's getting 300 milivolts. Checked it at the ECU same thing. I think the ECU is fucked. what type of an ECU do I need for this swap. Used to have a D15B7 motor with a M24A tranny. Now I have a 3rd gen ZC (japan) Motor and a M24A tranny. Changed all the wiring so it's stalk now. To do so I changed the Intake and the exhust manifolds with the ones on the old motor in other words all the other sensors were there as before. What could cause the ECU to go??

Wally

Been doing some research. For this application could I just use a P28 from a civic si or would it be better to get the p08 from japan?

Thanks

Wally

p28s are easier to find and a p08 is a jdm version of a p28 i just learned that the other day =)

something we hardly ever skip is the step to ask to check grounds, very simple and youd almost think it would be stupid to check them over again, but how many times have we even seen it ourselves. lol

make sure your ground from the valve cover is grounded for sure, and all other grounds, if you dont have grounds, make em! :p

Originally posted by DelSlo@Jan 16 2005, 12:06 AM
something we hardly ever skip is the step to ask to check grounds, very simple and youd almost think it would be stupid to check them over again, but how many times have we even seen it ourselves. lol

make sure your ground from the valve cover is grounded for sure, and all other grounds, if you dont have grounds, make em! :p
[post=446269]Quoted post[/post]​

you know what that is a good idea make me think of a question i need to think of how to ask it i will make a new topic about it

OK I am going to go and get a p28 today to see if that fixes it. All the grounds are connected... But thx. I did a test yesterday to see if the ECU was getting power and it is so if it's getting power but not sending power out... somthing's wrong with it right??

Wally

i dont know about that buddy, my ecu was gettin power but not sending anything out and i replaced it with rebuilt units and know working units and got nothing, i decided to do a wiring conversion in the car anyways so screw it

Well were on the topic the distributor that I have is for the D15B7 engine and I swaped a D15BZC Engine into the car is it possible that it won't fire because I don't have the right distrubutor for that engine. Also I know it's a shot in the dark but what can make a ECU fail??

Wally

BUMP

Currently I am using the Stock TD41U which fits and worked for awhile. But do I need a TD43U?? Also the ECU issues... Any known causes for a failer??

Wally

Hey bro if theres no power to the ecu check the main realy then if thats ok check the ELD thats what powers the ecu.

id try swappin out the coil and ignitior in the dizzy's before i go throwing computers at the thing!

Back