start up problem 95 GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls40095

HELP!

Bought another GSR (95) cant get it to start and cant remember the alarm and how it may effect the system.

Bought the car last week, it has some body damage and it ran fine, but stupid me locked the keys in it while it was running. I pulled a few cap wires off to get it to stall then disconnected the battery. I had the car delivered today and was told that the towing service just dumped a slim jim in the door to open the doors and put it on a hook to deliver.

When the car got to my residence, it would not start. Checked fuses and the alarm, it cranks fine and you can smell fuel, all the lines seem to be connected.

It has the stock indicator on top of the steering column but has a pad with the keys that looks to be after market. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it many times and also the timing belt is fine, just cant get it to fire and wondering if something needs to be reset, no spark it seems..

Thanks

Why do you need to buy a manual to check spark? Pull the plugs, stick them in the caps and lay them on the motor and have someone crank it while you watch. Make sure there is a ground wire from the head to the frame.

Nothing.. checked the coil, secondary coil, igniter..

still no spark.... could be alarm not reset.

Doubt it, your alarm probably only had a starter lock out circuit. Since you can crank the car I doubt its that. How did you check everything?

Why do you need to buy a manual to check spark? Pull the plugs, stick them in the caps and lay them on the motor and have someone crank it while you watch. Make sure there is a ground wire from the head to the frame.

because not everyone knows how to do that. that is why i suggested the purchase of the book. thanks that is all

Back