Start Up Switches/buttons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sporty240

where do you guys put the kill switches on your car ?? I heard some people splice into the + wire on the fuel pump and put a switch on it. I have a friend with an integra that has a wire with a switch that runs to the fusebox, im not sure where exactly it goes from there but the car will crank but not start if the switch is not on. Ive heard of buttons that people put on their cars that need to be pressed to start but im not sure wherethey cut the wires or which wires.
I need to have at least 2 kill switches on my civic, because of the area that i drive in, can you guys help me out and tell me how you guys would or have set this up on your car ??
any ideas appreciated

thanks

yeah i know that, so u use it as low-jack kinda right?

...or is there some other reason

He is saying if you hide a switch that you only know of, and make it so that it goes to the the distributor and stuff and the switch isn't flipped when the key is turned then the car can't start. This makes is useful when someone rips out the ignition and is trying to start it with the a screw driver and it still doesn't work because the switch isn't flipped. It is an awesome idea I think but if the switch isn't hidden and really high grade then it is somewhat useless.

just get creative and hide it in the last place you could possibly think of
if everyone starts posting where to hide kill switches they wont be very stealth then would they

its kinda like if you knew where they put the lojack it wouldnt be verry hard to take it out right????

just get creative :ph34r:

low-jack is a vehicle tracking devices. if the car is stolen it can be traced, often resulting in the car being found with the theif still drivin it.

i dont want to know where I can hide the button i just want to know where to hook it up, the distributor idea is good but very oobvious and all you have to do is open the hood and you can cut the wire and bypass the switch.
where is the fuel pump located on eg coupes? i heard it is under the back seat
I also thought about putting a switch on the ecu power wire, i can do that in fuse box but that is too easy to get to, also im not sure what happens to the car when you try to start it with no power to the ecu or to the fuel pump...

a starter kill is when u turn the key and the motor doesn t crank
U can install a push button to start the car.

The wires r on the left side of the steering column. And can be trace to wire loom at left kick panel

The switch is a great way. But most people don t want to deal with the hassle.
U can wire a switch to the fuel pump signal wire at the pcm.
Thats the same wire running to the fuel pump relay

I would tell you where mine is, but then I would have to kill you. IN my old civic I had my kill switch hooked up to the clutch engagement switch.

Back