Started the process

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

It starts today. I picked up my motor from the shipping company in St. Louis today. I have yet to unwrap it and check it out. I plan on doing that as soon as I wake up. I'm going to make this thread a journal of my project. It may help other noobs, because I'm as noob as it gets when it comes to motor swaps or motors in general.

Anyway, noobs, take notice...the 99 spec b18c itr is heavy! The guy loaded it up with a fork lift, so I had no clue how much it was going to weigh when my brother and I pulled it out the back of my Ranger. Its close to 500 lbs. I held my end of it, but my brother let his side go. Something sticking out of the shrink wrap flew around and smacked me in the head almost knocking me out...I saw lights! Thanks to Hmotorsonline, it was packed so well, when the side of the pallet hit the ground, the straps and shrink wrap held it in place. Great packing Steve! Thanks!

Here are some photos of the packed motor. I'll have unwrapped photos up tomorrow. So far everything looks clean. And what the hell is that thing that hit me in the head? It looks like this =======O sticking out of the plastic wrap.

Packaged motor from Hmotorsonline.com
That EX 2000 is the shipping company name, not the motor type.

More around 8am or so.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Feb 24 2004, 01:45 AM
And what the hell is that thing that hit me in the head? It looks like this =======O sticking out of the plastic wrap.

shift linkage

:thumbsup: on the motor :)

We both drink our milk, but he just lost his grip. The packing slip showed a weight of 497lbs. But there's some extra parts on that pallet. I'm going to open it up now and have pics up in about 30 minutes. Be back in a minute!

I don't want to unstrap the motor from the pallet, so this is as far as I'm going to unpack it before I take it for the install.
Does anyone know if that is a stock shifter or an aftermarket? And does that carbon fiber looking plug wire cover come with those motors? I'll start the install Friday!

Unpacking Hmotorsonline.com B18C ITR

looks good :)

yeah the fake CF plug cover is stock on the 98+ ITRs

not too sure about the shifter

I'll post the shifter question as a new topic to see if anyone else can tell.

Back