Starter do I need a starter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I think I need a new starter. My car will not start most of the time. It will not even crack' it just makesone click when I try to start it. After several times of trying to start it, finally it will crank and start up. My dist cap and rotor, plugs and wires, along with my battery are two months so that doesn't leave much.

Thoughts and suggestion appreciated

WTB: Starter for 95 integra ls manual

PS: What starters will work for my car?

souns like it just might be a loose connection on the starter. I'd check it before I spend money on a new starter.

Im not saying this to be a smartass but go buy a haynes or chilton manual. For any basic shit it will help you out. It even gives some basic troubleshooting procedures.

Its alright in fact I own a Haynes manual. I dug it out after you said that. I completely forgot I had (probably cuz its 95% useless). So it seems the starter is on the transmission or near it.

dude if its making clicks like that, it means the battery isnt charged enough to start the damn car.

no it means the starter is on it way out mine dose the same thing when it get dirty from wheeling. If you take it apart and clean it out with wd it will give you 4 mounths or so, or get a rebuild kit for it

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jun 16 2004, 11:23 PM
alright stupid question where is the starter located?

on the transmission above where the flywheel would be; round looking thing(an electic motor).

also check the connection to your alternator, If you have the clicking problem again, try jumping it. If you can jump start it then it is prob your alternator or battery.

Back