Starter issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SLOWdelawareEG

my cars go fast
having more problems with the rex. it wouldnt start at mcdonalds last night. nothing happens when i turn the key, but the starter turns when jumped with a screwdriver. i had to hold the clutch in and turn the key while my roommate jumped it with a screwdriver. what do i need to replace?

Good idea, either that or your distributor timing is off. Also, you said that it just didn't start when you came back and tried to start it, maybe your alternator is bad. Get that checked by Canadian Tire perhaps.

Could be either the starter solenoid, or possibly the ignition switch in the steering column. to test if its the solenoid hook up a test light or multimeter to the signal wire at the starter and try and start it. if it fails to crank but the wire shows +12v then you know the starter solenoid is toast. if you don't receive any power to the signal wire while in crank, then most likely the problem is in the ignition switch.

Back