starter relay problem?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

matt9112

hey everyone the other day my car was fine not a problem and the next morning it wouldn't start. The key clicks but nothing happens *knowing nothing about this problem* i got a new starter and installed it. it still wouldn't turn over so i now have to connect the solenoid bolts? with a screwdriver to start it in N. Now sense than i have checked the ignition coil fuse the starter signal fuse both under the drivers side. As well as having the clutch relay under the hood tested and its fine. I have also tried starting it when connected to jumpers and it failed still. Ignition fuse under hood also looks fine. Any ideas guys? im thinking solenoid relay the small wire?

Your starting problem.

I have done many swaps, and stupid things like this always happen with honda's. What you could do is check to see if your power wire from the battery is not corroded, also the small wire on the starter, take them both off and check them well. If you decide to change the wire, and it still does not start,...... Just do what I did and install a push botton start. So easy, just buy a push button, hook it into your fuse pannel, ground it, then run the puwer wire to the starter, dis-connect the small wire, then connect the wire from the push button start the the male connector on the starter. Turn the key on, then push the button. This will make your car start definately, if all else fails, good luck!!^_^

Last edited:
i think it is the small wire on the starter how do i take it off tho? i see it runs for a little than goes into the big bundle to the fuse box . Ive herd this is a fusable link also? hmmm push start button sounds good lol might try that.

as in off off the whole wire not just unhooked from starter.

Starter wire

The single black wire turns over the starter. It just pulls out, use a pair of needlenose pliers. The wire has a female end on it and pluggs into the male connector on the starter. To set up a push button start, just unplug this single wire, tape it off. The push button start wires up, like a switch, A power in - A power out, which goes to that unplugged connector on the starter. and a ground. Use a test light, find out which under the dash fuse is hot, when you turn the key on, try the radio fuse, sandwich a small wire in with the fuse and plugg it in. Run this wire to the "power in" on the push button. Hook the ground to the body, a bolt somewhere under the dash, that connects to the body. Run the power out to the starter, that male connector.

To make it work, turn the key on, then push/hold the button in like an ignition.

You can buy a push button at Autozone or the like. You don't have to hold in the clutch to start it now also.

alright that sounds good how would i just change this small wire tho? it disapears into the big bundle on way to fuse box

Back