Starting A New Build What Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm_brandon

ok heres the scoop i just sold my hatch with b16 for 3800 dollars and i want to start a new build. i want to go turbo after i get it all put together but my delima is what motor would be best? im thinking an h22 with an h2b conversion with a gsr tranny with lsd.i heard someone saying that h22 are shit but i dont know.the b16a2 wasnt enough power for me so i want to do it right this time and build a beast.
so should i go for h22, b18c1, b16 or spend the money on a k series swap instead.

if i get the k20 i wont be going turbo. it'll have to be all motor.

but there is also a local guy selling a b16 block freshly sleeved with darton hid sleeves and he only wants 900 for it.

also ive reserched stroking a b16 to 1.9 using a stroker kit. but the guy thats selling the block said you could do it without using a expensive stroker kit. using a gsr crank and custom rods,and i want to know if this is possible and if anyone on here has ever stroked a b16 to 1.9 before and if so how was it and did it make good power.
these stoker kits cost anywhere from 2400 to 3500!!!!

Bore & stroke
B16
81mm = Bore
77mm = Stroke
B18a/b
81mm = Bore
89mm = stroke
B18c
81mm = Bore
87.2mm = stroke
so i think its possible but would it make since if you plan on going turbo?

here, think of a number between 1-1000.

then go drive a car with that much power. see if you like it. ask the guy what he has. then post on here and we'll tell you the best way to get that much power.

right know the budget starts at 5000 but thats just the beginning in not looking to throw something together in a weekend. im looking for around 350 to 450 hp to the wheels.of course thats with boost.

right know the budget starts at 5000 but thats just the beginning in not looking to throw something together in a weekend. im looking for around 350 to 450 hp to the wheels.of course thats with boost.
if you really want a 400hp dd, you need to drive one for a couple hours. get stuck in traffic, drive in the city, and leave it parked somewhere and then think about it.

blanco will agree with me, you wont want a dd with that much power.

blanco i will be and have been doing alot of reading i fall asleep at nite thinking about this build. right now im trying to figure if i should go with the b16 sleeved block or the other options. k series is out for sure too much money for me.

trust me, if you drive a 250hp streetable car, you will be happy with that amount of power. i would personally love to have a 500hp nissan, but it's not in my budget, and i can't really use that much power. the only time i would do anything with it is when i'm drifting. but i don't see a purpose in spending $15k on a car that gets driven 2 days a week at most.

EDIT: well, if you have a truck for your daily and this is strictly a project, I would say do the b18b and turbo it. you can just upgrade the block, get some turbo cams, a big turbo and a lot of tuning. it can be done for $5-$7k on top of the cost of the engine swap. so maybe $8k at most.

what would i need to do to the block and head to make it reliable, also i here some ppl say the ls/vtecs and b20/vtecs dont last long.ive read over many times on how to build a ls/vtec but i want to make sure i do it right and if theres anything different that you might suggest please do so.thanks

Back