starting and idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16Ablacky

honkey tits
i have just swapped a b16a into my 91 integra and the only problems i am having is that in the morning my engine has to turn over for a lil before it actually starts, also its idle bounces between 1500rpms and 2000rpms unless ive been driving for a while. whats the deal?

How do you think adjusting the idle is going to fix the fluctuating problem? :lol:

oops, misread his post, lol

Is your B16 OBD1 or OBD0? If OBD1 you might have a problem with your FITV, if there are no air bubbles in your coolant, like norcalgsr pointed out. plus its getting cold, high idle is normal on some cars untill warmed up.

Yeah I would agree with that for the most part.. high idle would be normal if cold although the fluctuating idle will probably be either air in the cooling system or a bad FITV as mentioned above. Basically check what everyone mentioned above and if that doesn't fix the problem post back here with more info.

check for leaks in any vacuum dashpot cracks in rubber internals cause a cycle effect there are dashpots under dash board for heat/ac and load retard unit on distributor look for others they can be tested by disconnecting vacuum source to hear idle condition change

well i took my fivt and checked it out and it was like brand new, but when i put it back on my car is now throwing code 7!?

Back