Starting Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So i got an 89 hatch with a D15b2. I have a problem with when starting my car. Whenever i turn the key it just clicks once and I keep turning the key and it clicks then after a couple times it will start right up. But sometimes the starter just spins also and it wont turn over but eventually after trying a couple times it will turn over. The starter and solenoid are brand new i just replaced it about a month ago. My battery is getting juice b/c everything works before i try and start it IE: lights and system but i still cant figure out what the problem is with starting it. Thats the 1st question
The 2nd question is, is it hard to install a short shifter? Like could i do it in my driveway with normal tools? just wondering Thanks for all your help!

I have similar symptoms in my car, they just developed the other day after a long and hard highway run. As far as I was able to track it down on mine it was a loose wire/connection thats going to the starter, i think.

Ignition switch could also be it. Try messing with the wires around your starter, see if that helps.

Back