1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starting problem in a 96 integra

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hondamanshawn, Oct 12, 2008.

1. hondamanshawn

hondamanshawn New Member

I got a 1996 acura integra ls b18b obd2 non-vtec. I just put a new dis on it and it dont crank over. I checked all the fuses and they were fine, I pulled out the wires to see if the plugs spark, they all spark and smell like gas. I sprayed starting fluid in and it fires right up untill it burns up all the starter fluid. The fuel pump fires up when you turn the key everytime. I pulled out the top line to the fuel filter and had someone turn the key over, it spit out plenty of fuel. I assume I have a fuel problem, any ideas on what it could be? could it be the ecu?

2. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

well if you pulled the distributor i hope you set the timing afterwards..... if you didnt do it properly that could be your whole problem

3. hondamanshawn

hondamanshawn New Member

I found the problem, it was the "circuit breaker" plug under the hood on the driver side, near the strut. Someone told me to check it and it was not there, i got one and pluged it up. It fired right up for me! Thanks for you'r help

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted