starting problem need help BAD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiajiexue

yesterday i changed my distributor cap and rotor , so the car finally start, today when i start the car, same thing happen, just click ,dont start, i smell gas, so i assume none wrog with fuel line, can it be starter? or battery?
please help, stay online waiting for reply!!!!!!!!
thanks

hey your problem could be one of three things starter, battery, or your alternator
a few questions to help diagnose your car
1. If you jump it will it start?
2. when you turn your key does it try to start or just click?

ok, the starting click sound is very normal except not start( doesnt sound like low battery), like yesterday i couldnt start no matter what, so i change distributor cap and rotor , and then it start . today. i never try to jump start.

you can test your alternator by jump starting your car unplug your battery while car is running if your car dies your alternator is bad

then your alternator is fine. the next thing you could try is a new battery or just go get it tested at a checker auto, or autozone if your battery is good i would assume its your starter, with out looking at your car i cant tell you that for sure. Also you said you smelled fuel. did you smell unburned fuel?

to be honest i would check your connections to your starter, and alternator, check your grounds and power. let me know if you get it

yeah, i just drove my car to autozone to test the battery, and it starts fine
it;s like if it;s starts, it wont die, if it dont start, then take VERY long tie to start.
could it be spark plug wire? havent change them for 2 years

the starter has only two wire, it;s good. i havent check the alternator, but i checked it , it;s good. the battery is kinda lose, but i correct it.

i havent take it to the shop yet. but my o2 sensor is cutted for 2 years as well, i know it;s bad ,. but always lazy to fix it
:(

hehehe, i need i havent take it to the shop to check it, but i test it by take the negative off, and it runs.

Sorry, I would have probably understood you if you spoke fucking english. Im still a newbie but at least I can fucking spell and make plausible sentences. Go back to school awake!!!

Back