Starting Problem With B16a2 Help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_XXX

Okay so i got a b16a2 in my eg and when i got the car vtec was not working and throwing a code for it but i never lookt into it cuz the car is only on the road for alittle while longer till winter hits!...soo it dose have a apexi afc in it but a few ppl said to just take it out if vtec is not working? so ya whatever i took it out and hookt back up all the wires for the ecu! now the car runs like shit and wont start really!..it fires rigth up first try but then drops down in rpms and stals! but if i give it some gas the idel will sitt very low and the car just sounds reallllyyy off! it evan kinda has alittle black coming out of the tail pipe!...i dont know what the hell happend but the car ran great before this all happend

Thanks Guys

Thats because you put a worthless VACF in it. Are you 100% sure you got all the wires going to the ECU back in the right place? What code was/is it throwing? Did you mess with the timing at all? And black smoke means its running rich.

i didnt touch anything to do with the timeing at all! and the wires to ecu were color cordaded the car ran great!!till today. i was running a p08 ecu and i also have a p30 wich i both tryed adn still the same thing

Back