1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starts fine then stalls after warm

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by disavowed10, Sep 6, 2011.

1. disavowed10

disavowed10 New Member

Hey Guys,I'm stuck! I have a '91 Civic and it starts up just fine. But after a few minutes or after its warmed up it stalls. It just turns off and then wont start back up like there's no gas/spark.The next day or after it's been sitting for awhile, same thing. Turns on fine. Idle is good. Just normal. The dies and wont start.I changed the spark plugs, wires, I cleaned out the EGR valve, and the air filter looks clean. No gunk in the throttle body. Next on my list is the fuel filter and the distributor cap/rotor. I just think it's weird.Thanks for the input in advance guys.

2. Dj211855

Dj211855 New Member

You might have to get the code, I'm thinking there is. You also might have vaccumm leak.

3. disavowed10

disavowed10 New Member

The weird thing is that no codes come up and it just dies. And i cant read the codes after that, if any, cause the car wont turn on... :(

4. luky1380

luky1380 New Member

+1
    or may be a fuel pump

5. disavowed10

disavowed10 New Member

Fixed it! It was the ignition module. Thanks so much guys. Phew! What a relief!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted