1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Union

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Briansol, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Address is tonight.

There's some drinking games circulating the net. Anyone participating?

2. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

no drinking here, i'll be studying. however, the shit he says will probably drive me to drinking. let me just front run what he's going to say.

:cliffs:

"I only have 2 years left and I'm not going to get re-elected. I want to leave a legacy that your kids will remember. Ya'll are about to get fucked"

3. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

I'm watching it. It's interesting.

4. TeinGirl

TeinGirl Senior Member

Watched... interesting indeed.

Did anyone else laugh at the look on the military men when he said to basically allow the gays to be apart of the military?

5. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

Normally I would have watched. Decided to meet a friend for drinks instead. Thinking I might try and catch an online stream of it somewhere tomorrow but the 2 hr-ish length is a deterrent.

Its all bullshit anyways.

6. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

morning news will have 'sportscenter-like' highlights :) i plan to catch that.

7. Hondadude141

Hondadude141 ¿pɐǝɥ ɹn ɥʇıʍ uıop nɥɔʇɐʍ

Yep, my dad (Former Marine) was like, "AHAHAHAHA! hey dumbass! That's not going to fly!"

I just... yeah... it's whatever, nothing I say can change anything, and 95b16coupe saw what happened when I voiced my opinion on facebook hahaha...

8. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Ill get the HL’s on Today’s news... imho speaking =/= doing.

9. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

I caught the republican come response. I couldn't listen the idiot so I turned it off. Hopefully the American public will wake up for the 2012 and get him out.

10. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Obama actually stands a very good chance of getting re-elected in 2012. His poll #’s have been rising ever since that shooting a few weeks ago.

Also, the rift between establishment republicans and newcomer tea party republicans is dangerous for the party. They’re going to have to run a candidate both halves of the republican party can get behind, not a John Mccain and certainly not a Sara Palin or Alex Jones.

EDIT: Here are the highlights I was talking about earlier

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/FACT-CHECK-Obama-and-his-apf-989878074.html?x=0&.v=2

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  11. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

My biggest fear is people actually believing he is moderating and moving to the center Clinton style. I did not watch the state of the union because I had an already shitty day yesterday and the last thing I wanted to do was get even more pissed off just before bed.

What is the difference between oil execs and new energy execs? The plan is to rip the subsidies from oil companies and pass them off to new energy? I am all for alternative energy but thousands of new companies popping up every day seems to parallel the Dot Com boom of the 90s. Its the hip new cool thing everyone wants to jump on the wagon, we dump a few billion from taxes into this amazing new market place to get in front of everyone else and when the floor drops out where are we? I have no problem with clean or renewable energy but having an entire industry propped up by taxes dollars is a horrible idea. Let the free market work if someone has an effective and affordable solution they will sell it.

That's right, making money is now considered a cardinal sin. Why in the hell anyone wants to go to school for an advance degree or open and operate their own small business right now baffles me. When I was growing up I was under the impression that busting your ass and playing by the rules with the ultimate goal of making money was pretty much the most American thing you could do. But now I get the distinct impression that if you make a randomly selected amount of money you obviously killed someone to get it, you have impoverished whole families or just shackled them in your basement so when you go to take a bath in your money they can lick it clean when your done.

1 person likes this.
  12. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

i wish officer barbrady was there. because this would be the result.

[​IMG]

13. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

ding ding ding!!!!
    WINNAR!!!

14. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

I got so sloshed last night.

On another note, Boehner didn't cry. :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted