stay obdo or convert to obd1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

13g-crx

I have a B16a in my 90 crx si and am currently/temporarily using the stock pm6 ecu and distributor. I have the pw0 to go in the car but I'm now considering converting to 0bd1 since I'm going to have to buy a distributor any way. Also, the motor will be boosted in the near future and everyone seems to like crome over turbo edit or BRE. Now with that being said, what all is involved in converting to obd1 with the b16? Is it the same as with d series (ecu, dist and adapter harness) or is it more indepth? Or would I be better off leaving it obd0 using the pw0 and BRE? I also have a b18a in the garage and will eventually do the ls/vtec swap. Any advice will be appreciated.

I really do prefer the obd1 computer when it can be used. I believe that you will probably have to add a 4 wire o2 sensor and possibly a knock sensor. The knock sensor would not be necessary if tunning right away, because i believe you can turn it off in crome in one of the menus. But other then that you will need the obd1 dizzy and the conversion harness. It would definetly be the way to go. Use the same setup for your ls/vtec also!! ;)

Back