std swap to dohc zc help !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sHoGuN

hey everyone ! i have a 91 civic std, an ive got my hands on a dohc zc but im hearing alot of jive that its really really hard, with the hub and axles not the right size, and the wiring more confusing than a spanish soap opera. so any help would be appreciated ! if someone knows how to do the swap, or has done it before, a detailed walk through would definetly be helpful and appreciated ! :D :worthy:

Originally posted by sHoGuN@Aug 25 2005, 04:03 PM
hey everyone ! i have a 91 civic std, an ive got my hands on a dohc zc but im hearing alot of jive that its really really hard, with the hub and axles not the right size, and the wiring more confusing than a spanish soap opera. so any help would be appreciated ! if someone knows how to do the swap, or has done it before, a detailed walk through would definetly be helpful and appreciated ! :D :worthy:
[post=545268]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont know too much about this one but i do know if your using your old transmission it'll bolt right on as long as its a D series tranny. Might have to swap for your older mounts but it'll fit. If your using the ZC tranny i think you'll have to get axles from an integra. Also, did you get the ECU and do you know what OBD the ECU and motor are. If its OBD0 i dont thinnk theres any wiring, ut if its OBD1 get a conversion harness.

Also what type of civic do you have. HF, DX, SI, ect.?
HF would be good idea to change the axles also the HF transmission really hurts the accelration but better gas mileage ;)
DX youll have to wire for PGMFI and the transmission is geared for a better cruising speed and youll have to change the ECU
SI transmission is geared for faster acceleration rather than cruising speed. the ECU will work with the ZC, but a good idea to change it.

Dude this swap is easyier then my last girlfriend! Now you most likey have a DX wiring this is going to be harder then a HF or SI. So I am going to give you 2 websites for this. You need a PM6 ECU or JDM PM7 or 88-89 Integra ECU. You would want either the JDM ZC tranny or SI. Pretty much pull out the old motor and tranny, axles too. Reinstall. For my 1989 CRX SI it took me 8 hours putting after market parts and being slow as fuck!

ZC swap info and wiring
ZC site!!!!?

Originally posted by Z6CRX+Aug 25 2005, 04:49 PM-->
@Aug 25 2005, 04:03 PM
hey everyone ! i have a 91 civic std, an ive got my hands on a dohc zc but im hearing alot of jive that its really really hard, with the hub and axles not the right size, and the wiring more confusing than a spanish soap opera. so any help would be appreciated ! if someone knows how to do the swap, or has done it before, a detailed walk through would definetly be helpful and appreciated ! :D  :worthy:
[post=545268]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont know too much about this one but i do know if your using your old transmission it'll bolt right on as long as its a D series tranny. Might have to swap for your older mounts but it'll fit. If your using the ZC tranny i think you'll have to get axles from an integra. Also, did you get the ECU and do you know what OBD the ECU and motor are. If its OBD0 i dont thinnk theres any wiring, ut if its OBD1 get a conversion harness.

Also what type of civic do you have. HF, DX, SI, ect.?
HF would be good idea to change the axles also the HF transmission really hurts the accelration but better gas mileage ;)
DX youll have to wire for PGMFI and the transmission is geared for a better cruising speed and youll have to change the ECU
SI transmission is geared for faster acceleration rather than cruising speed. the ECU will work with the ZC, but a good idea to change it.
[post=545346]Quoted post[/post]​

i have an std. its like the lil bastard version, 1.5L an a crappy 4 spd ! gay. it has the same wiring as the dx im pretty sure, bcuz i have a dx dizzy in it !

Make sure you change the wiring for PGMFI and make sure you use the iuntake manifold from another D series motor, ideally for your ZC to avoid having to modify it.
Also if possible swap the transmission for something thats geared better for your purpose unless that 4 speed is ok with you ;)

Originally posted by BlueballSiR@Aug 25 2005, 05:52 PM
Dude this swap is easyier then my last girlfriend! Now you most likey have a DX wiring this is going to be harder then a HF or SI. So I am going to give you 2 websites for this. You need a PM6 ECU or JDM PM7 or 88-89 Integra ECU. You would want either the JDM ZC tranny or SI. Pretty much pull out the old motor and tranny, axles too. Reinstall. For my 1989 CRX SI it took me 8 hours putting after market parts and being slow as fuck!

ZC swap info and wiring
ZC site!!!!?
[post=545369]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks man... the first site help alot... so the si tranny is alot better huh?

Si over a Dx is better. Dx has longer gears and an Si has shorter ones. I am pretty sure that the Si will fit your sedan and you can use your axles, but not 100% sure. With $1000 you could have a complete Zc swap under you hood maybe more or cheaper. If your strap on cash maybe convert you Dual-point into mutli-point and go turbo. But you still need to do the wiring a need an PM6 ECU.

the swap is not hard at all, and as long as you pay attention to detail you shouldnt have any issues. dpfi to mpfi like was mentioned, which youll need and injector resistor box and some patience to wire it, and as far as the rest goes aside from the distributor plugs all is cake! something that wasnt mentioned though, is that since you have a std model youre gonna have to change out your knuckle and hub assembly to one from a 5 speed dx or any si and ex model ef or you can upgrade and use DA knuckles from 90-93 teg which will give you larger brakes. the reason is youve got 23 spline hubs and the axles are 26 spline for any of the desirable trannies for your engine. believe me, if you swap in the zc and not another tranny youll only get pissed off every time you drive it.

Back