Steel toe or titanium toe sneakers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Can anyone recommend any good comfortable "hard toe" leather sneakers? I have steel toe boots but they're uncomfortable and clumsy. Right now I'm using regular sneakers that I bought from Wal-mart and they're falling apart; but are comfortable(with inserts) and lightweight.

Stay away from skecher, unless you work at like lowe's or something, where its not too manual labor inspired.

What are you doing that requires steal toes? Personally I advise against them unless you're ready to break them in.

I personally own Ecco non-steal toe boots for regular days at work (I'm a heavy framer and trim carpenter ) but if I do need steal toes for like beams, decks(kicking shit all day to fit) or even ditch digging, I wear georgia boots. I'm not a huge fan of danners because the only model that is 100% water proof is the foreman, and the sole wears off very fast making it dangerous to walk on fresh roofs.

Georgia's are cheap, light, and didn't require any breaking in. I have an 8inch paid, and I don't remember the name. They cost like 120 bucks, while my ecco's on sale were 190.

I work at UPS(one of the trucks I load gets a lot of 70-150lb stuff...CAT Tractor place), and I also do carpentry on the side. At UPS it used to be only leather-wrapped shoes required but now they're making steel-toes mandatory. The boots were clumsy and it's a fast pace job; so that didn't work out well.

I'll take a look at all the suggested brands, thanks!

osiris d3 2000's... i'll never buy another pair of shoes that aren't osiris. they are built for skateboarding abuse and they are built around the consumer that uses their shoes in abusive situations.

Back