steering problem.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darwins_vtech

I don't know if this is where I shouldput the question, but it really isn't swap related. My buddy has 2 crx's. one has a blow, Si motor, and the other a good, dx. well his axel broke on the dx and we switched over the one from the si. But the dx axel didn't come out of the hub by the wheel. so we switched the entire hub, unbolted the upper ball joint, and then the lower ball joint, and finally the tie rod. bolted it all back into the good car and tested it. It worked fine for a day.

then all of a sudden that other axel breaks, so he goes to auto zone and gets a new axel.(garunteed for life) and the I put it in and go to drive and the steering if fucked up. the axel worked fine, but the car will drive straight and then suddenly swerve to the left. you have to hold the wheel to the right when driving straight. if you let go it will pull to the left.

what would cause this? does it just need an alighnment? he is extremely tight on money, so trying things is out of the question, unless I can change the parts for him. thanks for the help guys.

Darin

you only need to remove the upper and tie rod end. THen lift up and pull the axle back or tap it out. If you happend by any chance unscrew the tie rod nut on the tie rod even just slightly you can have a crooked steering wheel and so on. It wont take much to knock your car out of wack.

i work at a shop and do alignments all day long, i whould look more into your axle then alignment, the alignment wont pull and then not pull, unless u have a torque pull, a torque pull is the car will pull under acceleration and when ur at crusing speed it wont, torque pulls come from the transmission or axles, 2 things will make a car pull but it will only make the car pull all the time, thats tires and alignment

Back