Steering/Tie rods?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey Hondaswap,

i have a B18C1 and i have a weird sound (like a rubbing sound or dry sound) coming from the front of my car when i turn my wheel. Once the car is moving and i turn the wheel left to right, the sounds gone. When i am @ a stop and try locking the wheel left to right i get this rubbing sound every full turn i do with the steering wheel? I know the wheels arent rubbing on anything (but the ground) Could this be that my tie rods are going bad? what other parts could be causing this annoying rubbing sound.???

Thanks in advance,

Jazzy19

Maybe- it could be your steering rack too. What you're describing is too vague for anyone on a forum to diagnose. Take it to a shop.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 20 2004, 04:29 PM
?
are you low on pwrstrng fluid
[post=419720]Quoted post[/post]​

Power steering fluid is topped up... Can anyone think what parts can cause this sound.., Its only when i lock the wheel left to right...|????

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 20 2004, 06:47 PM
ya check the belt and hit the car with a grease gun
[post=419801]Quoted post[/post]​

Which belts do i have to grease?? Where are they located...Power steering belt? Althought it sounds like down in the tie rod section??? Tie rods maybe????

Originally posted by Jazzy19+Nov 21 2004, 02:15 AM-->
hcivic.com
@Nov 20 2004, 06:47 PM

Which belts do i have to grease?? Where are they located...Power steering belt? Althought it sounds like down in the tie rod section??? Tie rods maybe????
[post=419964]Quoted post[/post]​

NO DO NOT GREASE THE BELTS.

get a helms
then grease all the joints

Originally posted by hcivic.com+Nov 21 2004, 06:29 PM-->
Originally posted by Jazzy19@Nov 21 2004, 02:15 AM
hcivic.com
@Nov 20 2004, 06:47 PM

[post=419964]Quoted post[/post]​

NO DO NOT GREASE THE BELTS.

get a helms
then grease all the joints
[post=420115]Quoted post[/post]​

I listened to the sound and it looks like the part that connects to the tie rod ends.... Looks like it connects to the rack.... has anyone ever changed one of these componets??

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 22 2004, 08:11 PM
pics or a diagram of what part your talking about
[post=420666]Quoted post[/post]​

DONT HAVE A DIGI...but I think they call it "Inner tierod?". It connects to the boot of the rack...how often do these break? What other signs does it give off saying "please change me"???

Back