steering wheel removal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I just got my Momo steering wheel and hub in yesterday, and want to install it. My question is: do you need a steering wheel tool to remove my stock steering wheel? You know the one that kinda looks like a big chicken foot? My "Haynes" doesn't say you do, but you know Haynes manuals suck anyway....

I did a search and couldn't really find anything about removing the wheel itself, just about being so careful with the airbag.... That's it.

Yeah, I know that, but do you need the steering wheel removal tool to get it off, or do you just need a ratchet or something? In the Haynes manual, it shows the nut, but doesn't say how to take it off... Thanks for the response

Yeah, I wanna remove my stock one and put my new Momo wheel with Momo hub.
Thanks again man.

Thanks man! I'm gonna try to do it tomorrow and post pic's if I can... How long does it normally take to do the swap?

for me 15 min for you mabe 30 it very simple just unug the battery then unplug the air bag take it out then take that nut off and the wheel will pull right off

I can't thank you enough. I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow. I'll try to post pic's if I can get my digital camera working right.

so ahh how do you get the air bag off to get to the steering wheel nut? you need the star tool to remove it correctly, has like 8 points or similar. without this tool its not coming off if you have a steering wheel with an airbag.

some are philips heads some arent but ther should be a few holding the bag in, then un plug the yellow conector to get it out

Well, I put the steering wheel on today... I did all the steps you said, and it worked perfectly, but how do you disconnect that SRS round thing under the steering wheel? I got it off by removing 3 screws, but how do you get the wiring harness off? It seems to be integraded into it somehow... I tucked it under the plastic cover, but I want to remove it completely.

Also, how do you wire up the horn? The wire connects to the SRS wiring harness. Do you have to cut and spice it for the horn? Thanks again...

some horns you do some you dont, and if i remeber right and im understanding you the air bag plug should be hooked to a round piece.the round piece you can get rid of but not the plug its made into the harness

Back