steering wheel shake Lft to rght

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Egluvr

I have a eg with a stock gsr swap. When i drive at speeds over 60mph my steering wheel shakes back and forth from left to right. Its enough shaking to rattle my arms. If i let go of the steering the car goes perfectly straight. It doesnt matter if im driving on concrete or asphalt. what do you guys think, could it be a wheel bearing, axle, steering rack?

i'd check the wheel bearings first.. jack the car up in the front, grab the tire at 3 and 9 and see if it has any wobble..

another thing i'd check is the alignment

Maybe your front tires are worn and may have a knot on one or both of them. Maybe you can test this by moving your front tires to the rear and rear tires to the front. See if the vibration goes away. Could be warped rotors also...

Check for play in the ball joints. inner/outer tie rods. Mine was doing the same @ speeds over 60mph. Ended up being the left inner tie rod. put the car on a rack & use a pry bar to stress the ball joints to check for play

Last edited:
cant believe no one metioned having the tires balanced ...

Back