Steering wheel shakes on acceleration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

I just had an alignment so its not that. What else could it be? I have some stiff az motor mounts, can that cause it? It only happens when i start going past 40mph . I dont really notice once im crusiing at freeway speeds. Any idea? messed up steering column?

Quoted post[/post]]
I just had an alignment so its not that. What else could it be? I have some stiff az motor mounts, can that cause it? It only happens when i start going past 40mph . I dont really notice once im crusiing at freeway speeds. Any idea? messed up steering column?
your tires need to be balanced.

Either they need to be balanced or maybe you might need new ones altogether, they could be out-of-roundness. It could also be a tie-rod end that is on the verge of snapping which makes you tire shimmy.

check for play in your tie rod ends, could be bad ball joints. also check the torque on you axle nuts, they should be 125-135 Ft Lbs....if not the wheel beaing is not fully compressed and will have play which causes wobble also.

matt

Similar thing happened to me. It could be many things. It does sound like it is your wheel bearing since you feel it when you hit 40mph. Can you feel it only on one side? Does your car shake when you brake? Does it shake while you're turning? Do you hear any noises? Please provide more information and get back to us.

no doesnt shake until maybe 50mph...its more of a big shake like wobbling...instead of small vibrations. I do hear very faintly a whining noise or rubbing noise. Could be my tranny tho.

Back