steering wheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

today it is very cold....I started my car and turned the steering left n right and i heard a cracking/squeeky noise coming from the steering wheel????? What could be causing this. Also the steering is very hard to steer when its cold????

things change already:
ball joint,upper control arm,tie rod, rack(maybe it was a bad one?),new pump,and fluid.....

thanx for all the help in advance

i had that same problem when i lived back east. i think its just the fact that everything shrinks when its cold (no joke intended lol). this usually happened when its real cold like below 30 degrees.

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Jan 7 2004, 03:05 PM
i had that same problem when i lived back east. i think its just the fact that everything shrinks when its cold (no joke intended lol). this usually happened when its real cold like below 30 degrees.

wow that just happend to me this mourning lol. i live in nc and it was like 20 degrees or less.

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Jan 7 2004, 04:05 PM

-30 degrees? Fuck, mine will do it off and on when it is 20 or so.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 7 2004, 04:58 PM
i think he means below +30 degrees...

werd! i dont think it ever got to 30 below in new jersey lol.

DIZZAMMM i thought that our -12 was cold. whats does your power steering fluid look like???......frozen perhaps???

there is no fluid leaks/and the level is correct...Does this sound like a bad rack or something that keeps the fluid in the rack moving/warm?????

any help would be nice.....I cant steer the car that well......please help

just loop the power rack :)
closer turning ratio than the manual rack :)

Back