Steering Wheel??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ando

Can I put a Civic EK9 Type-R MOMO steering wheel into my 1996 Civic Coupe??

The steering wheel has been taken from a 2000 Civic Type R.

Bear in mind that I want the SRS airbag to be fuctional.

Thanks in advance.

-Tom.

go to a dealership and ask them nobody will help you with this cause it way to complex of a subject and dangerous to get in to

not sure about how well they will match up, but the air bag thing isn't all that hard..

1. disconnect the battery, completely!

2. rotate the wheel 180 degree's. so the access pannel is facing up. remove the panel, and remove the short connector from the access plate(stored on the inside of the access plate) . unplug the airbag modual-to-cable reel connector and plug the short connector into the airbag modual side of this conector to disable the airbag modual

3. remove both torxscrews from the side of the steering wheel, facing toward teh dash.

4. pull off teh airbag modual, and set aside, facing up./

5. unplug the electrical connectors for teh horn and CC.

6. remove the steering wheel retaining nut. make a mark indicating the relationship of the steering wheel hub to the steering shaft.

7. remove the steering wheel by pulling it straight off the shaft.

these work on a 5th gen civic, so i'd assume they would work on your's as well..

m_dcaf48605b7d40219df00a1a40892103.jpg
dude you are really pissing me off,keep it in one thread,that YOU make

m_dcaf48605b7d40219df00a1a40892103
i put an 08 civic wheel in my 89 crx
dude.. stop.. nobody cares about your steering wheel.. you must feel special or else you wouldnt be spamming that crap all over the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back