step by step help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg93

Is there a step by step guide out there for doing an LS swap in to a eg hatch? like with pics and spacific directions. also I was wondering if I could run a two step on a street car

Use a manual for you car, something like a Helms, or Haynes, and use the instruction for removal and installation. As long as you have the right parts, there are no tricks to it.

yup... just buy a helms and do the installation/removal process...

Then allow a few days for just in case things (missing parts, broken bolts, wiring)

depending on the trim level of the car... if the LS is OBD 1, it is a no-brainer... you just take out the old motor, and bolt the other one in it's place.... there is virtually no wiring to do, and everything plugs up... i did one in my 92 vx in 5 hours
which isn't bad, since that was also including getting the exhaust welded up

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Oct 14 2003, 04:28 PM
depending on the trim level of the car... if the LS is OBD 1, it is a no-brainer... you just take out the old motor, and bolt the other one in it's place.... there is virtually no wiring to do, and everything plugs up... i did one in my 92 vx in 5 hours
which isn't bad, since that was also including getting the exhaust welded up

hey , I got a 92 vx too . I just bought it and im thinking of getting a 92-95 b16 sir2
motor. what do u suggest? im confused about the OBD part, is it good? :lol:

Originally posted by ConejoHB@Oct 17 2003, 06:31 PM
hey , I got a 92 vx too . I just bought it and im thinking of getting a 92-95 b16 sir2
motor. what do u suggest? im confused about the OBD part, is it good? :lol:

OBD is On Board Diagnostics, and you need to get a 92-95 B series to make it easy.

<92 = OBD 0 (pre OBD)
92-95 = OBD I
96-98 = OBD II
99+ = OBD IIb

Back