steps to eliminating/reducing wheelhop?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude9593

ok i did a search and found some suggestions on this topic but nothing concrete and i was wanting to get some advice from ya'll for my specific needs. went to the track the other night and wheelhop was pretty bad through 1st even though i was trying to slip the clutch and feather the throttle some. i heard that solid motor mounts would help but my car is a daily driver and i'm not worried that much about it that i would want to do that. however i do have an energy suspension master bushing kit and kyb agx shocks that i haven't gotten around to putting in yet. i thought that this might help some but i'm not sure. any other suggestions to reduce wheelhop?

Check out a jimfab traction bar, I know i love mine and suffer from no wheel hop at all.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 25 2005, 05:53 PM
maybe you were launching too high?

[post=478700]Quoted post[/post]​

i was only launching at 3,000. i had to feather it a good bit to keep from spinning too much in 1st . i'll look into those traction bars too. i'm afraid to lower the psi in my street tires cuz i think it will mess them up with the sidewalls being pretty soft. i'd like to get some slicks but i think they might hook too much and be too stressful on my drivetrain and such.

the solid motor mounts are to much if your driving this daily like you said lakewood makes a traction bar that should solve your problem that would be my suggestion and the bar isn't to expensive to my knowledge should eliminate wheel hop I also would not suggest lowering tire pressures that stuff like you said is bad for the tire walls and you need them perfoming at there peak when you are putting them through the stress of launching your car

i've googled traction bars and stuff but i don't think anyone makes them for my prelude. i only see civics, crx's, and integras. if anyone knows of anything let me know.

i'm finding the same thing all for civic integra or crx but i'll keep looking i swear someone makes one for a lude

Back