stereo help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, did that to one side and still no sounds.. what the fuck?!? .. i suppose its the deck.. i cant use my CD player because when they pulled it out they pulled the ground pin out of the harness.. so i'm trying my old AIWA tape deck w/ aux input but its not giving any sound to the speakers.. even wired directly to the deck

just take the speaker covers off if possible to see the wire colors. Go from there i guess. I would do that before running new wires

"edit never mind you beat me to it.

have you tried opening your deck to see if the pins are out? If the cd player turn on and your hooking it directly to the speaker than it prolly the head unit that is f'ed up.

Last edited:
i'm using an old tape deck that has an aux input.. but i repinned the ground into the CD player connector.. gonna try that out.. its soo quiet in my truck.. i cant stand it

If you don't have another head unit to test the speakers with take a 9v battery and connect the wires leading from the speaker to the battery. The speaker should make a pop noise and the cone should move when you apply power. If nothing happens either your wiring or speaker is bad. If it does cause a reaction then most likely the head unit is bad. Hope that helps...

Back