Stereo wireing question: Honda Prelude 94. Please Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jennica

I was installing my new stereo first taking out the last after market stereo. The last one was wired wrong so that the stereo restarted everytime I turned off the car. In otherwords. I'd have to start my CD over from the beginning, and settings for sound and such would go back to default. I'm assuming it's because whoever installed the stereo hooked the wire that is supposed to be hooked to the blue/white 12v constant to the yellow/red 12v accessory wire instead. The problem I have now is, I can't locate the blue/white wire anywhere except paired with an additional brown/white wire(there is another brown/white wire where is should be with all the other wires needed to hook up the stereo) with a male end connector thingy. This pair of wires was not pluged into anything. Do you think that blue/white wire pared with that brown/white one is the 12v constant or something else?

CRAZY!! I would use a tester and see which one is hot and which one is key. You never know when an idiot did the stereo. All that is messed up is the constant and key are switched. Constant keeps your setting (clock, bass, tereblt, fade, balance, EQ settings, etc) and the key runs the power to the remote wire, and overall functions of the stereo when you listen to it....jsut switch them and you'll be okay............I think (I say that b/c I don't know how bad your wiring is as of right now)

here this should help you anyone else out that needs this info :
Constant 12V+Blue/White Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red Ground Black Illumination Red/Black Dimmer n/a Antenna Right Rear Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors Left Front (+) Blue/Green Left Front (-) Gray/Black Right Front (+) Red/Green Right Front (-) Brown/Black Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow Left Rear (-) Gray/White Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow Right Rear (-) Brown/White

Back