Stereotypical What to do thread.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
I totaled my car, had a b18b swap teg discs all around and exhaust nothing grand but nice and fast. Insurance company is taking the motor with the car, i don't think it would be worth the time to try to buy it back from the salvage yard down in harrisburg.

I am getting a little more than $3000 should i. . .

get THIS EG chassis swap in a new engine
Buy a del sol, prolly not have enough money for a swap right now
buy THIS CRX and put in a motor, what motor should i put in?
Do something completely different?

I am buying an old motorcycle to get me around for the time being. I could potentially rebuild the EG's motor, haven't ever done that before but i can learn easily enough and have access to a full garage.

/another off topic out from nowhere drunken post...

with $3K's...and a full garage...anything is possible....

glad to see that your still going for honda....but sit back and think what you really want....

If I had $3K right now...I'd buy windows for the house so I can keep this years heating cost down, so I can save money and throw that money into more parts that would spruce up my cars for next year...but I don't and you do, and you prolly don't even have a house and prolly still live with the rent's...that's cool to...cuz you can use that full amount of money to set up another car...OK...that didn't go anywhere...

try this...your into CRX's..but with $3K's a sec gen rex will suck up money left and right...spent wisely...you can hook up the first generation rex really sweet...I know..I have done it,,...blew it and it sits....but it will be reborn soon.

The basic 84-87 first gen CRX...stock, grandma driven, bought from Ebay for $1K...
Engine..to many options...it geared more for what you want to do with the car...drag, autocross, street vette killa....etc..It all depends on your budget and what you want to do.

if you already have parts for the second gen, or the delsol..then head that way.....but if you want to start from a clean slate...and build up something....then the best bet would be to go vist or lurk on Redpepperracing.com when you have a chance...

IMHO...anything after 1988 has turned into a rice-o-roni market...sure there are a lot of hard core "real" racers out ther to really hook up the car...but it dip's into the wallet like there is no afterlife. The older gen has the real racers that have spent many years finding out how to squeeze every pony out of their car...and still make it dance like a primadona...just go check it out...and you might fall in love with the body style and the funky suspension it has...and if not..then go find one of those guys that has one..and beg for a ride...it will change your mind drastically...and if not..then screw that I ever said anything here.

the simple $1K car, can be caged for $500, full stiff suspension for under $700, ZC'ed for $500, turbo'd for $300, and rimed and wheeled decently for the car you want for under $300...seat harness, under $200, LSD'ed for $250, and if you have a shop that can weld...then your options are endless.....

getting something that someone started and got half way thru is kinda good...it depends on what level their technical abilities are, their wiring jobs are, how they torque things, and basically...how new or good the parts are that they used are. A car can be posted as fully built..but they did a hack job that just got the parts on the car...and sometimes not on the right/safe way...its something that you have to go look at in person for....before you send money thru the system.

That why I say start from a clean slate, research what you want to do, what is possible, whats availible to the average market, and how you can get it....freinds help sometimes if they know of a car that has some parts sitting in the junkyard...some people can score greatly by lurking on the forums, and if you have the cash....then just buy new parts that have warranties..

and also...think...what other cars are out there that has potential to do what you want them to do...CRX's are light, can be made to be fast, or can be made to handle exception on different course venues...and also some other cars can also be classed the same way...

case in point...I wanted to drift...I dumped tons of money and time to build an AE86 so I can drift...while I already had a running car that was driftable...so I sold one, dumped money into the other one and got it up to the status of where it can have a decent chance and then it was all up to the driver (me) to make it happen.....I was going for style and old school..thats why the old Z...it looked hot out there...I just couldn't make it look hot doing what I wanted it to do...so as normal something happens and I fried the engine...but I can get an engine for it tommorrow if I wanted....for free...cux I have a freind...and freinds have freinds...etc..etc.. anywho...If I went with the norm and got an S13 to do for just drift...and dump that money into it...I would be just like all the other drifter wannabe's, and I would be drifting with no proble,...but I wouldn't stand out...unless I had ton's of seat time, and a lot of high dollar parts...but I found out that once I sat in a near stock S13...I could whip it around on my first try...so I guess I have some skill...but I wasn't doing as well as I did when I was in the CRX with blown ring...so I guess my real calling is a grip driver/corner carver....so that's why I'm going to keep the CRX, finish it, and try to make a name for myself with the creation that I can build out of my dinky homebuilt garage......

And also $3K's can go a long ways in building up a Z....if you start from a $100 junker.................................................................................................

wow...3 beers died while typing this post...

Damn, that's a lotta words.

And yeah, the S30 Z platform can be an extremely versatile platform. Not to mention they can swallow almost any engine you throw at them.

I still wanna do one with a turbo 4-cyl for handling. That is, unless I can find enough money to just get aluminum heads.

holy shit that is a long rambling post

and its only 5pm and you;re drunk?
damn, i wish i was drunk
lol

if anyone wants to take a ride in a D16A1 swapped crx in NY PM me...
not quite a ZC swap, and def not a very stiff suspension but its fun to drive...

I totaled my car, had a b18b swap teg discs all around and exhaust nothing grand but nice and fast. Insurance company is taking the motor with the car, i don't think it would be worth the time to try to buy it back from the salvage yard down in harrisburg.

you should be able to buy it back direct from the insurance company, much cheaper than from the yard...

I've been home, doing shit all day from 11:00 last night...since work....I only started the beer after 3:00 PM...

3rd shift kicks ass.... :p :ph34r:

B)

pissedoffsol Posted Today, 02:18 PM
  buy my del sol, already b16 equipped 

For Real?

phyregod Posted Today, 02:58 PM
  Buy MY CRX Si for 3k. I'll deliver it.

Really?

If these are for real I will seriously consider it, remember i have these wheels that i am more than willing to trade.

B. I'd buy your car, no thing, if you're serious.

DCP_0157.jpg

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Aug 22 2005, 05:08 PM
pissedoffsol Posted Today, 02:18 PM
  buy my del sol, already b16 equipped 

For Real?

phyregod Posted Today, 02:58 PM
  Buy MY CRX Si for 3k. I'll deliver it.

Really?

If these are for real I will seriously consider it, remember i have these wheels that i am more than willing to trade.

B. I'd buy your car, no thing, if you're serious.

DCP_0157.jpg

[post=543720]Quoted post[/post]​

haha B's trying to get rid of wheels himself. I think he just wants you to buy the car straight up... I'd go for it if I were you. b16 sol for you, more garage space for him.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 22 2005, 07:31 PM

haha B's trying to get rid of wheels himself. I think he just wants you to buy the car straight up... I'd go for it if I were you. b16 sol for you, more garage space for him.
[post=543762]Quoted post[/post]​

It's a killer deal, i am too excited right now, like a little girl, is probably the best example. The insurance only just looked at my car, today and offered around $3K I told them about my engine swap and they said they would look into the value of it and get me some more, i thought damn right.

Here's the damage;
DCP_0049.jpg

DCP_0050.jpg

DCP_0051.jpg

DCP_0052.jpg
DCP_0057.jpg

DCP_0055.jpg

And Before
Dcp_0022.jpg

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 22 2005, 07:56 PM
That's what you get for having racing stripes. :lol:
[post=543777]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe they thought it was the street...you know those racing stripes are like a runway for cars :D anyways other then that it was clean...- the YELLOW valve cover...I would buy B's sol...how much you want for those rims though :p

Originally posted by Pissedoffsol+Aug 22 2005, 08:56 PM-->
make me a little better offer...
let me see what money the insurance company gives me.

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Aug 22 2005, 10:21 PM
Battle Pope
@Aug 22 2005, 07:56 PM
That's what you get for having racing stripes. :lol:

how much you want for those rims though :p
[post=543801]Quoted post[/post]​

$700 shipped, $575 picked up, i live in central PA.

After they heard you had a swap, they probably immediately started the paperwork so they don't have to pay you anything.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 23 2005, 04:36 AM
After they heard you had a swap, they probably immediately started the paperwork so they don't have to pay you anything.
[post=543930]Quoted post[/post]​

Didn't tell them, and it is the other guys company paying for it.

Back