still a rookie looking for a good swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92civicvx@Oct 30 2002, 01:52 PM
Ok if i put a blower and supercharger on an ls motor is it going to fit in my car? Where would i get the blower?

A blower is V-8 terms is a supercharger! We don't call superchargers blowers. They are superchargers!

are hks turbos good or bad i heard they were because they a ball berring turbos?

Originally posted by honda_power69@Oct 25 2002, 06:14 PM
An Endyn modified Jackson Racing superrcharger (you buy the blower, send it to em, let em bore it, put a different pulley on, etc) and you can be pushing 15-20 lbs of boost. Plus, there is no spool up time.

this got me thinkin'.... is this guy just talkin' out of his ass or what??? 15-20 lbs. of boost with "0" spool up time??? does it really work like that???

btw...i'm not tryin' to be an ass, i just don't understand.

superchargers work of a belt- there is NO lag time with them.
boost is controlled MOSTLY by what size puelley is on it, as well as the housing size.

BUT- we all know that the endyn supercharger was supposed to be out in 1999.... so uhh yeah, it still doesn't exist
:bunk:

superchargers are belt driven so there is significantly less spool up time... there is also less boost potential and less CFM so turbos generaly produce more power overall... IMO and many oters the whole endyn thing is pretty much a scam... a few people have had luck but far more havent in dealing with him... i would say turbo it or go with a centrifugal supercharger not a roots style supercharger ... they push more CFM and are far more efficient than roots style blowers... theres my $.02 on the issue

aiight, so fuck sc's. thanks.

ps.....wowy, this post finally put me in the "members" group. yay, i'm no longer a "n00b".

Hi I am new here but but could not help but comment.A 5th gen vx is the perfect building platform for the b series.My car is just right b16a2 which since it came from a edm 93 eg is obd1.I have had a couple people tell me that my motor was obdII but the fact is a lot of people don't know anything except what they read I haven't been to this site yet so I'm gonna give it a look and hopefully be surpised.As for you project if you want daily reliablity forget the hype and stick with a NA b series 16a2 18c5 being the easiest and in my opinion the best.So good luck.

Ok i now got the money to get the engine, i got about 2800 to get the starting of a cr vtec i have checked all the junkyards around here and no one has any tegs or crv's so i thought that i would find one on ebay but no luck there either so does anyone know a place that i can get the b20 block axels ecu wiring harness and a gsr head and tranny for around that price. i got a certified mechanic at work that will do everything that i need to do to put the cr vtec and put it in for free. If any one can help i would thank thenm very much.

Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum. I wanted to comment on this topic, I used to have a 99 civic si and loved my b16a2, I had the typical setup of i/h/e, fpr, cam gears, etc.. but I would always get raped by hybrids. So I got myself an ek now. Anyway, what I'm saying is to go gsr, that would be an awesome setup on your vx or you can go b20/t. Either way, you'll have a fast car regardless! :p

well i am going b20 no matter what i think that i am going to go cr vtec because i can go either turbo or n/a later when i have more money but i am having problems finding the b20 block that has the axels and other videl things that i need. i have a couple more places that i am going to check out tommorrow but if i don't have luck there then i am out of luck till i find one. since it is almost winter i got time but i am very impatient and want my car a little faster than it is at the moment. Since i have $2800 does anyone know of anywhere that i might find the parts that i need to do this swap.

Originally posted by KiD-ViD@Oct 24 2002, 01:05 PM
I love the idea of b20 turbo. its got displacement and boost! you could run nitrous but I wouldent...why bother you already got boost.

nitrous is not acually a boost. Earth has an oxygen level around 21%, Nitrous has 33% oxygen level at a higher/colder more condenced rate so if you used nitrous with turbo you would have more hp. might not be that much, and it depends on how big of a shot that you use but you will have more hp none the less.

try copartfinder.com

unfortunately, they now charge.. but if you buy the month search i think its not that bad of a deal.

what it is - a huge netowork of junkyards through out the nation. if you cna tfind a crv there, you wont find one anywhere

Back