Still don't get how to wire a b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic-style

im putting a sir-II into a 95 civic dx and am using a p30 ecu. How do i connect my old harrness to the new engine. Also where can i find a Helms manual. Thanks.

www.helminc.com

Your harness will plug right in, You will have to add the vtec wires, which is pretty easy. Go to a junkyard and pull a wire from the engine bay, and one from the ECU through the firewall to the canon plug on the passengerside, be sure to get the whole wire with the pins at both sides. Take the vtec plug, and cut it from the JDM harness and solder the wires to the vtec solenoid plug, making note of hte colors, and where they are going to end up going. Now find the pin on the ECU, and add the cabin wire to the ECU plug in the right spot, then run it through the firewall to the canon plug and plug it into the right spot. Now run the one from the canon plug to the vtec solenoid, do this for all nescessary wires on the solenoid. Once you have all the extra wires run, work thtem into the stock wire loom, and tape it back up.

Can you tell me what the solenoid looks like or where it is? Can I pull the wires out or is their a special way to get them out? What about the pressure switch?

sounds like you dont know whats goin on. just take your car to a shop. but if you still insist on doing it yourself, go to the junkyard or find a totalled 92-95 civic EX and use that haress. all the plugs are there and it'll be a lot easier. let me know if you cant find a harness, ill find you one.

Back