Still got a couple questions B16a-89CRX HF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friz

A few years ago I swapped a B16 into a 93 lx fodo. I started by researching the swap here first. Ordered the complete swap from hmotors. Needless to say, it went without a hitch. I literally got it done in a weekend and have put well over 100,000 miles on the swap. The car just clicked over 300,000 miles and i don't plan to remove it from service. Well I now also have a clean 89 crx hf and I am researching a B16 swap. I understand I will have a few wires to run. I will need to swap out the steering knuckles. I assume I will be cutting and pasteing the harness like I did on the 93 because of RHD LHD issues. I also read something about beating down the flange on the crossmember. Do I still need to do this if my swap came out of a JDM B16 EF? Anything I am forgetting? You all were a great help last time. Hope this one goes as easy.

BTW I also heard something about hood clearance. Do I need a hood off a diferent model?

Last edited:
just use the engine harness off of the hf. lengthening the entire harness on the b is a lot of work, and will not fit properly. with the harness off your hf, you'll only have to lengthen the two wires for your fan switch and add wires for a secondary o2 sensor, vtec pressure, vtec solenoid, a ground for vtec and a knock sensor. all of which are well documented if you just do a quick google. as for the rear cross member, yes you have to hammer it down. no matter what your swap came from, you need to do this, the rear engine mount bracket will contact it if you dont. you also need to hammer a dent in the engine bay directly below your driver side shock mount for alternator clearance. again, google.

you'll need a mount kit, knuckles from either a Si or Ex (go with the Ex if you can, they have larger brakes,) shift linkage, a throttle cable and axles from a 90-93 integra ls, then radiator hoses from an integra (90-93 ls for the upper, 94-2001 gsr for the lower, both will need to be trimmed to fit.)

i found it easier to swap the whole radiator from an integra,that way the hoses fiit right on the water necks,,,and i second what rex says about everything

then radiator hoses from an integra (90-93 ls for the upper, 94-2001 gsr for the lower, both will need to be trimmed to fit.)

90-93 LS upper and lower hoses work best, you only have to cut the top one, the bottom one fits perfectly. Everything else sounds good.

subscribing (this thread is full of win already i can tell).

you will only have hood clearance issues if you use the teggy radiator,but its not bad at all,,you can put a little dent in the hood frame

i use the 94-01 gsr lower hose just because it's the longest. some mount kits move the engine back more than others, and that hose makes up for it. on my swaps though i always use hasport, and had to trim the GSR hose, so yeah, the LS hose would have worked out great. the water outlets on the radiator are smaller than on a B-series just like injen noted, and swapping an integra radiator is one way to deal with it. with the stock ef radiator, you just need some of the screw type clamps, and tighten them down thoroughly. theoretically the hose can bulge right around the outlet just before the clamp, but i haven't had any problems with that. one last wire that might need to be lengthened is your oil pressure switch wire. i added about 3" to mine so that i could zip tie my harness up to the bottom of my intake manifold. but that's up to you, i only did it for future ease of oil filter removal.

Back