Still no spark on my B16(fixed w/pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:edit:

As of now ive put in new plugs, dizzy(brand new 3yr wrrnty off of streetimports.com traced the wires and everything seems cool, all the fuses are ok, fuel pump turns on so the main relay is good, and i still have absolutely no spark. So im stumped, if anyone has any ideas lemme hear em......

yeah i just looked its 16, but the car still doesnt have spark even with the brand spanken new dizzy on here.

I pulled the ecu, not fried, but there looks to be like some bad soldering done with the 4 wires added for the motor, so im going to check them out tommorow.

This is the only thing that sucks with buying someone else's project, dont know how they did things <_<

:edit: the fuel pump turns on so its not the main relay either, so if its not these wires im stumped?

check to make sure you got battery power gonig into your dizzy at the plug, then check on the coil inside the dizzy and make sure you got battery power there!

Update:

ive got spark and fuel now its just flooded, so its havin a hard time firing up. The teeth where the dizzy meets the camshaft snapped off (pics to come) its crazy never seen that before so i replaced that. Also i think i need some new plugs and wires, and deffinatly need to get the ignition timing right.

Hopefully it will start up soon bc im runnin out of idea's why its not starting :unsure:

Update 2:

It turns out the teeth on my new dizzy broke off right in the cam! so i replaced the peice with the one from my old dizzy and it started right up. Now i just need some better plugs and wires.

heres a pic of the piece with one of the teeth, the other one i dropped somewhere but you get the idea..

gallery_32558_306_157999.jpg

thats awesome you fixed that man. never would have thought of that off the top of my head.

even more of a thanx for replying and keepin us updated. never happens anymore! :) now go cruise the streets!!

Looking into the problem further it could have been that we put it in backwards because the first time we put the new tip on the dizzy, it would backfire 180 out the intake and not kick over. We then took the tip back off and switched it 180degrees and put it back together and then it kicked right on. So be careful that your putting it on the right way with an aftermarket dizzy because it will go on both ways unlike an oem which will only go in one way.

i think you prolly forced it on backwards man lol

it will go in backwards, just not completely. it will sit cockeyed.

either way good to hear ya got her runnin!

Back