stimulous rebate dates

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, after the CPI and core inflation indexes came out yesterday, hopefully these rebate checks actually are saved, as per the study that I mentioned earlier suggested, so they don't just help bolster the increasing inflation.

oh, granted, it's a complete waste of money that isn't going to dick for the economy.

The idea and logic behind stimulus checks is sound; the execution and follow through is lack-luster.

...but hey, if it actually worked it wouldn't be from some bureaucratic bullshit office that has months of red tape to overcome before implementing such a plan. Thats the problem with recession to begin with, the definition of recession is founded on waiting until an economy has already entered a decline in GDP growth for two consecutive quarters. Working with the true definition of recession, one is limited to an action and response method rather than preventative measures.

...in short, the government is doing the best it can, but the current system is always behind the market. The Fed did what it could by cutting rates, and Bush did what he could by cutting the rebate checks, but its all going to come too late. Inflation is up, energy prices are up when OPEC has an oil reliant US by the balls, spending is down, and GDP is down. Enter stagflation.

maybe im out of the loop, but i have no idea wtf you guys are talking about. so this isnt a refund? what exactly is it then? how do i know if im getting anything? i read that IRS site but im still lost. what is AGI? my parents still claim me (they pay for my college pretty much) and i dont do my taxes, my mom still does them lol. so what is this "rebate"?

yea i figured, oh well, lol. is this rebate new? or has it been around as long as returns? ive never heard of it. i dont see why the govt would give you back taxes you paid the previous year, unless they screwed something up.

It's an attempt to stimulate the economy to keep us out or recession.

It's a great idea on paper but isn't as effective as one would hope.

its new, to stimulate the economy
aka - try to give bush a better rating going out of the casa blanca so he doesn't go down as the worst president in US history

if he wanted to stimulate the economy he should do something about oil prices
knock down some of the record oil industry profits

Back