stimulous rebate payment schedule

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, but it depends on rates.

take me for example.

i have 9k at 10% and $300 at 23% (dont' ask). i need to pay more on the bike than the little card. rates are important here because that is how much they are charging you for borrowing money.

blah i would *so* get rid of the $300 asap and then focus on the bike. ps my math blows. :shrug2:

Last edited:
you math blows

300 at 23% APR = 5.75 a month

that same 300 at 10% costs you only 2.50

you're comparing total interest vs the value of that dollar

9k at 10% = 75 for one month
8.7k at 10% = 72.50 for one month

you're savings yourself 2.50 by spending 5.75 each month

and you're in finance? like whoa

Last edited:
blah i would *so* get rid of the $300 asap and then focus on the bike. you're paying more interest on that $300 than you need to. that's $69 in interest a month on that $300 - jeebus. so every month you drag that thing out, you're paying $69 just to cover the interest without touching the principal. you get that, right? carrying that $300 for 3 months at that rate costs you $207 in interest alone.
haha, that isn't monthly silly. thats 23% over the year. so it's 2%/month. it will be paid off soon. the bike hits hard. it's almost .85%/mo. it's like $76/mo. in interest.

mine is just going to my savings

I'm not an irresponsible ass clown, ergo I'm not in financial crisis. And I just bought a house. It's funny what living within your means will do for you

that's the thing, paying off short term debt> savings. paying off the short term debt will allow for more savings.

the day i can invest at a higher rate of return the than interest rates on my debt is the day my things will change.

the day i can invest at a higher rate of return the than interest rates on my debt is the day my things will change.
just reposting this cause i think you missed it

300 at 23% APR = 5.75 a month
that same 300 at 10% costs you only 2.50
you're comparing total interest vs the value of that dollar

9k at 10% = 75 for one month
8.7k at 10% = 72.50 for one month

you're savings yourself 2.50 by spending 5.75 each month

mine is just going to my savings

I'm not an irresponsible ass clown, ergo I'm not in financial crisis. And I just bought a house. It's funny what living within your means will do for you
you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or have you been taking lessons from total?

no I'm just sick of this bail everyone out mentality

how the hell do you solve a debt based recession with a tax refund

I say let people lose their homes for buying homes with variable interest rates, they made the choice, this rebate could be used to offset the national deficit, fund the surge, any number of things. And fuck bailing out mortgage companies too, if they did something unethical arrest their ass and throw them in a federal "pound me in the ass" prison

I say let people lose their homes for buying homes with variable interest rates, they made the choice, this rebate could be used to offset the national deficit, fund the surge, any number of things. And fuck bailing out mortgage companies too, if they did something unethical arrest their ass and throw them in a federal "pound me in the ass" prison
well, i can agree with that
i'm still waiting for the RE collapse
fuck banks and fuck the brokers that sold these junk mortgages marked as AAA

it's already crashing, the timber industry is feeling it, you can't buy bark dust right now, real estate agents are feeling it,

The problem is corporate America doesn't care cause the rich aren't hurting, the middle class is fast disappearing and the poor don't buy anything. Think about it, gas is $4.00/gallon and BMW is upgrading it's M3 from and inline 6 to a fucking V8. That should tell you something right there

no I'm just sick of this bail everyone out mentality

how the hell do you solve a debt based recession with a tax refund

:werd:

I test-drove that m3. It's like a rocket-ship on wheels.

On topic: I'm spending my rebate on stuff here in Germany. Screw buying US-made goods, most of them suck anymore compared to the stuff that comes out of the Chinese prisons. I'll probably pay for horseback riding lessons, and/or buy some more time on Nürburgring.

But then again, this year I'm getting screwed on my taxes because I'm making so much money now. :( It's not fair.

Oh crap. I forgot to report that lotto ticket.

Foreign Earned Income exclusion?
unless you're an employee working for the us gov't

Back