stock axles on boosted b16?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Running sayyyyyy 275fwhp, can you still use the stock b16 axles and be safe, or do you NEED to upgrade to sayyyyy DSS or hasport 400hp axles?? I ask because im tryin to save a buddy some money, i know itd be better to just go ahead and spend the 6-700 bucks on the new axles, but i heard stock axles can take up to 300hp before they start to break... unless i heard wrong.:lol:

thanks!

I got 225whp in my s/c integra gsr, and the axles hold up fine, I wouldn't suggest burnouts around corners in case he's go lsd, that would prolly shred the axles.
So. . . stock axles should be fine, but tell your buddy to start saving dough for the new axles, that way if they do break hes gonna have the money for new ones.

275 whp horsepower can survive on stock axles but when you go to the track make sure you preload those babies and don't dump the clutch. I t sucks breaking axles at the track.

no joke on the preload. ive watched people drag FFs forever and it looks like no one but me does it...its a hard talent to master but itll give you insane 60's as well as keep your car running. Dumping the clutch is definitely bad for your axles.

Back