Stock B16 eg vs 350z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Check this out. This is a supposed stock b16 in a eg coupe vs a 350z. Do you think it is stock? Just click here.

Could have been a stock B16 in a hatch, however that would mean the 350Z driver can't drive worth shit

B16 in a hatch will net you low 15s to mid to high 14s

I've saw a few auto5 speed 350Zs run 14.0s stock on the 350Z board and 6 speeds run high 13s to low 14s stock

if the civic had a good driver and the 350Z had a bad driver... yeah that looks about right

I use to have a 95 Civic DX with intake/exhaust/Honda ECU 8500rpm shift limit" and a B16 my 350Z in stock form would eat it up the only time the civic would have a chance is if it went from a 60MPH roll and I never let the car drop below 7700rpm
even still the 350Z would EAT it off the line

I don't think it's a stock b16.

Why would the guy have street slicks on the hatch if it was stock?

(notice the silver rims on the rear and the black on the front) Edit: damnit he beat me to that point ^^

That EG sounded like dogshit. Anyhow, he launched super hard. he probably had traction bars and some nice sticky DR's.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 13 2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah dude, that civic sounded like crap...

Is this TTP's thread?

nah i didnt get it from tpp... i got it from teamultraspeed.com. They have some alrite vids but i was questioning their credibility of that hatch being a stock b16.

Yea, the Civic didnt have the usual street-racer-burn-out-launch.

And what do they mean by "stock"? I/H/E? or just bone stock no exhaust, no intake. Kinda misleading. Still tho, nice kill. :thumbsup:

LSD doesn't make a car launch well on its own, trust me. Without stiff mounts and traction bars, wheelhop is always possible LSD or not.

that vid sucked... much like the 350z driver

haha rev8k, beatcha. also notice the "pre-race burnout" it could have been to warm up some DR's. either way, good launch and poor poor 350z driver. atleast we know who is most likely to get a chic on beachside. lol.

i was fallin asleep watchin those clowns line up....

that civic is not stock...i dont care how bad the driver was...a b16 N/A with stock internals or supposdly stock period should pull on that car...no way...because any one who is that bad a driving does not race

thats like me pullin on a vette with my old Huffy mountain bike...winning...and saying that driver couldnt drive...

...well...my huffy did have 18 speeds, green paint and stickers....

i dont get how people can say "stock" and yet the car clearly has an exhaust.

i dont care if you bolt on a muffler, or remove the air box... if you mod anything, its not stock. just my $.02

Originally posted by Import R@Jul 15 2004, 12:13 AM
i dont get how people can say "stock" and yet the car clearly has an exhaust.

i dont care if you bolt on a muffler, or remove the air box... if you mod anything, its not stock. just my $.02

I use the term a Stock B16 or a STock GSR motor

meaning the motor is stock, stock pistons, valves, springs, head....

Now if I said a stock car then that would mean how the car was as it drove off the dealer lot

a Civic EX with a stock B16 and basic bolt ons would mean to me that the car had a swaped stock motor with basic bolt ons

once the motor is reworked then it goes from stock to a modded B16 =)

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 15 2004, 12:42 AM
Now if I said a stock car then that would mean how the car was as it drove off the dealer lot

Actually if you said stock car, I would think of NASCAR. :)

eh, idk. when somebody says stock, i think bone stock. next step up would be somebody who has done basic bolt ons. after that its either some forced induction and/or internals.

either way, im just bitching and its off topic.

Back