stock b16 rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

Thats the question I need to get answered...what are the the b16 rods capable of handling?? Would they be fine for any high reving all motor applications? Or should I step it up to an eagle I beam? And also for getting a main girdle?? What one will work? Can I bolt the GSR one on? And would I need longer studs? Block has main studs already. Thanks

well what do you mean high reving? My stock b16 revs to 8k rpms. and i push it out daily and it loves it. i would step mine up to a eagle personally. i think stock rods can only hold down around 200-250 hp. as for a girdle i didnt know you could stick one on a b16 it sounds interesting.

Like if I rev past 8k...thats my theory of high reving but anyways, I was looking at Z10 motorsports and they make one for it sooo thats why I asked...

you really dont need to rev past 8k. the only point of reving past 8k is if you make power up that high and unless you put alot of money into you motor its not gonna make power much past 8k. Your also going to have to upgrade alot more then just the rods to get the whole motor reving to 8k

Back