stock b18c... turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo_sir

i have a stock jdm gsr in my hatch i have recently bought a t3t4 turbo setup, i would like to run 10lbs. it is my dd so i would like it faster but im not building a race car just got the turbo for cheap haha. i would jus like some advice or opions on what is safe to do in order for it to run good and eliminate any problems it could cause.. recommended injectors, maybe block gaurd? head studs or gasket. really anything to be safe i want to do this right the first time which sucks cuz i have to stare at it in my room every night lol

ignore psi... you're good till about 275-300 WHP on a professional tune with proper fuel management.

What is prefered for fuel management? I was thinking of running some 450 dsm injectors my friend is giving me and buying a walbro 255fuel pump, is that good or will I need to get like a aem or hondata unit?

K well I have the ecu that came with the motor and it is chipped with a spoon chip is what I was told redline 9k and vtec 5200 would this be okay or do I have to have a chip made for my tune?

the spoon chip isn't good for N/A, either.

I HIGHLY suggest you take your car to a dyno and have it pro tuned. the 500 buks you spend will be much cheaper than blowing up.

so pretty much put some injectors in and get it dyno tuned for 10 pounds and i should be kosher?

Yup! I say 10psi with stock internals will be fine as long you get a good tune and at least rc 440 or 550 injectors!

K thank you everyone for your help and for the injectors are some stock ones fine out of a dsm? 94 awd talon I’ve heard arguments on both sides for these but they are so easy to find and it’s the size everyone suggests to use

they are a pain to set up, but are cheap. you need to bore your rail out a little and wire in a resistor pak.

or, you can spend more money and get some RC440's

k i can get some 1000cc injectors for 340. and buy hondata get it installed and tuned for 600, is that a good deal?

1000cc injectors for your power goal is too big. I believe you would be better off with some 550's or so.

see i was gonna roll with some that sixe but the guy installing my hondata recommended 1000s so i dont ever have to buy any more and the hondata will tune the injectors to run how i want them so i wont be dumping extra gas

550s are plenty big.
1000's are a PAIN to idle, and you'll spend more time and money trying to tune them for your modest goal.

in all honesty, i'd find someone else to do your hondata... cuz this guy doesn't seem to have a clue

this guy really does know what he is doing(9 second civic) he just was sayin put big ones in so i wontever have to get ones later and he can change the impedancelevel or something with the hondatafor the injectors to run however we need them. is thata good price for the hondata and tune and everything though?

Back