stock b18c... turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the setup i bought came with 2.5 inch downpipe so i was just going to run 2.5 all the way back

on xenocron.com they have the 255lph fuel pump and 455 injectors for $249 im for sure goin to go with that. RCs alone are $355 and a walbro is another $100

so what i understand is on crome you burn a chip that is for the tune on your car so i f any adjustments need done you just burn a new chip, and with hondata u change the chipit comes with manually by plugging in the ecu to a computer?

no with chrome you can re-burn chips if you need to re-tune..

so you basically burn the chip to something close to your cars tune and make minor adjustments manually? is there somewhere i can read up on it cuz i must be looking in all the wronh places haha. and what exactly is the ostrich emulator for?

the chip burn is the absolute LAST step you do.

Most chips are write-once. very few are re-writable (and are more expensive, and have compatibility issues sometimes)

thats why you get the ostrich. its a romulator. it acts as a chip, but is an electronic unit that stores your map while you tune.
when you're done tuning, you burn a chip, unplug the ostrich, and put the chip in the socket.

ohhhh okay ic now, i havent spent too much time looking into it yet cuz i dont have the money all put together yet but i couldnt find much background and how everything works. thank you

b18c turbo??

Hey guys, I'm new to the B series motors, I was woundering if I could bother someone to possibly make me a list of everything i'll need to turbo a 00 honda civic Si with a stock b18c it does have a CIA and a eldebrok victor X intake manifold & walbro 255 fuel pump & b16a2 Tranny, i'm doing alotta reading on this site and its so helpfull, if possible my e-mail is untouchable6319@yahoo.com if anyone wants to e-mail me that info i'd appriciate it so much, thanks guys you all are a big help i'm learning tho !

Last edited:
what about exhuast it it better to run open downpipe because i see alot of people do it or to just weld the exhaust back up?

It would be a little noisy with an open downpipe. Used a 3" downpipe with a 3" exhaust. Just mandrel bent with a nice turbo muffler and no resonator.

i think i will go 2.5 all the way cuz i have a 2.5 downpipe, and i called a exhaust shop and asked how much he would charge to run 3" all the way back on a civic and he seriously laughed at me, prolly thought i was some punk ass kid that thinks the bigger the better on my 1.5 single cam haha... asshole..... btw i got a walbro 255 and 550 precision injectors, crome pro tune kit, hopefully this weekend i will be done, stay tuned for updates

Anyone know of some good mufflers for this application? I don't want no fuckin' fart cannon bullshit. I want to keep things high flowing, but relatively low volume. And as always, it's gotta sound nice ;)

well my turbo came with a 2.5 inch downpipe so i ran 2.5 all the way bak it is extremely quite now. sleeper quite. i am planning on buying a y pipe and a electric exhaust dump and a 3 inch downpipe for racing but the setup now is great for d.d. i can deffenintly tell a difference between the open downpipe and the full exhaust though it seems much slower now.... oh yah, my car cuts out right around 6-65k anyone have any ideas? its like a redline or something it does not lag at all before that but just sputters when it gets there. no one in town will help me because they do not tune any free fuel management systems. any help or ideas?

look man it isnt about the psi it is about hp. pending on your turbo set up you wanna stick to the 250-300 hp range if you are looking at having a dd with no problems. i am not saying that you wont have problems because they happen when you put a turbo on it. i have a b18b ls with a t3t4 setup on mine and i am running about 230 hp right now in my integra and it is enough... especially if your going with yours in a hatch. i am running 750 injectors with the hondata300. i do have a fuel regulator as well and that is all you need. my car is way enough and i am only running 6psi right now. if i was you i would run daily on low boost and get a boost controller and crank it up when you wanna smoke someone. somewhere around 6 psi and crank to 8 or 10 cause man 1 psi on that kit with that motor is alot of power. take it or leave it thats my opinion

yah I understand that. I really don’t get into boost much on a daily basis anyways I like driving like a granny so I don’t tear my motor up and then when I really get on it is always suprises me. But im now tryin to resolve the issue of why is cuts out, and If you change boost level wouldn’t that also involve tuning? If your adding more boost ho does your car know to add fuel?​

If you change boost level wouldn’t that also involve tuning? If your adding more boost how does your car know to add fuel?​

Yeah, someone answer that for me too please. I'd assume your car wouldn't know the difference. Are boost controllers safe to use?

Bump.. can anyone help me? I run 10 pounds on a stock jdm gsr with a t3/t4 turbo. First gear runs strong but every other gear cuts out right at 6500 no one where I live will tune or install crome because it is a free product. The guy that hooked it up for me said he thikns that it is the timing, could this cause this problem? Any suggestions much appreciated to help me solve this problem, thanks!​

Back