stock b18c... turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i run crome pro, have 550 precision injectors and walbro 255 fuel pump, i was told that i should be fine with out a fuel pressure regulator???

thats fine.

your map is probably just garbage.

get it tuned and stop trying to rip on it until you do, or you're going to pop it

need a quick answer.. what would be a good ignition timing degree for a this vehicle? i think my timing belt may have jumped a tooth so i am resetting in the morning

When you replace your belt grab a timing light and set your distributor for the factory timing. I think it is either 16 or 17 degress cant think of it off the top of my head. You need to do this because when you pull timing out of your map with crome it is assuming that your timing is set and factory timing specs. Crome cant actually tell you what kind of timing the engine is actually running, it assumes it is set at factory specs and moves along from there. For reliability I would use the create boost map option and have it pull 3/4 to 1 degree of timing for every pound of boost. You should be perfectly safe and reliable that way. Then you will only need to concentrate on fuel while you are tunning. Any other questions just ask!

in order to get my timing to 16 retarded we had to turn the distibutor all the way back... and another question i hooked my wideband up what should it be running in boost and regulary driving? it seems to be around 14-15 driving and in boost it leans out. my car doesnt cut out or anything but im not sure exactly what numbers i should be running...

Last edited:
You add fuel in the areas of the map where you are in boost. Ideally you will want to run 11.5 to 12 AFR's in boost. I usually shoot for 11.5 because it just a hair safer. On the part throttle areas of the map it is safe to run closer to stoichometric which is 14.7 this will give you better gas mileage and keep your plugs from fouling up when cruising.

Make sure you watch your wideband closely if it is leaning out in boost let off the throttle immediatly. It doesnt take long for your egt to get extremely hot and damage your engine and other shit. Keep in mind that it is a better game plan to lean out from being to rich then the other way around. Go to the areas of the map where you know you are in boost and add more then you will likely need right away. Then lean out from there. There is less chance of something bad happening that way!

You might want to invest in a egt gauge. It will tell you when things are getting to hot, letting you know that you are lean or that there is another problem. Pay close attention to it when making a pull and let off if its getting too hot.

sweet thanks alot!! im gonna try and finish up the rest of my tuning through this week will update this weekend until then i still dont mind driving slow its easier for everyone to see the front mount haha

Back