Stock Crank?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

newb

phresh
VIP
hey everyone ive been readin this forum for a while but this is my first post. my question is about the strength of the stock b-series crank. first, my setup will be a boosted cr/vtec, i plan on having the block resleeved and having all neecassary machine work done, and im gunna be runnin eagle h-beam rods with forged pistons(still not sure on which brand i shouild use). Ive read that the stock crank can handle up to 800hp, first, if i have the crank knife edged and balanced with the rest of the rotating assembly would this be true? if so would it hold up to a 100 shot of nitrous? a factory crank holdin that kind of power doesnt sound right to me, but look at my name, thats y i comin to people who know more than me. i know it seems dumb to do all that work and not buy a new crank too, but if it will hold up i see it as an easy way to save sum money to put into the motor somewhere else. if there are alternitives like complete rotating assemblies that would be cheaper than buyin rods and pistons and having the work done on the crank id like to hear about em. thanks in advanced for any advice you have.

wait...what happened here...i posted a reply to this in the EB section and locked the auto multimedia section one....

thats creepy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back