Stock D16 pistons/TT Rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC>ALL

I ahve a 1994 Civic with a D16Z6 and im new to turbocharging and i was wondering if it is possible to run stock pistons with tuner toy rods? How much power can the pistons take? I have been reading about turbocharging for about a year and understand the basics. Any help would be great thanks.

that question is harder to answer than you think. its not like you "know" how fast 150hp or 400hp feels. Have fun with your build!

:driver2:

like b16 said it is very hard to say, i was just wondering what people have done with stock pistons. i have searched around a little but i have not found anything. Im not looking for any insane power but just i little more without having to worry about snapping a rod. thanks

No sorry i wasn't being sarcastic, im not building the car to say its faster than a mustang gt for example, im building it for the experience. I'm not looking to be any better than anybody else so it really doesnt matter to me.

since your original question wasnt really answered, the tuner toy rods use a floating piston while factory use press fit wrist pins. not compatible without machining that i havnt seen done yet.

Where you located Civic>All?

I'm in Colorado and I was shooting for 200whp when I first did my D16Y8 Boost project. I couldnt make anywhere near that up here at Altitude. just lettin you know, so if you live anywhere with high altitude, know that Air compresses easier but your oxygen density goes to shit so you'll probably want better rods and low comp pistons so your motor can take some boost.

I know my old Y8 was 9.6:1 stock and I took it down to 8.8:1 pistons.

Back