Stock ECU on a turbo setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I need to know if I should buy the ls ECU for a turbo setup or buy some other computer to controll the High Vloume fuel rail and reg. with 720cc injectors

yeah, you keep the stock ECU and then you get hondata, uberdata, or another one of the standalones

the stock ECU will obviously not run injectors that much larger than stock

720cc injectors? how much boost are you making

Originally posted by elcangripapiex@Sep 12 2004, 01:00 PM
I need to know if I should buy the ls ECU for a turbo setup or buy some other computer to controll the High Vloume fuel rail and reg. with 720cc injectors
[post=389315]Quoted post[/post]​

At how much boost?
obd1?
if 10psi or less(obd1 ecu) stock MAP sensor is fine orthewise you will need a aftermarket or a GM one like the 3 Bar.
Uberdata is free DIY Standalone unit that suport all of those MAP.
@10 psi: 450cc dsm 2g manual talon/eclipse injectors fit with minors mods to the seals + resistor box from a ef...

720's will not be able to be controlled by anything but an add-on standalone like the hondata/.uberdata systems or a full standalone.

fmus, vafcs, etc won't be able to control that.

i think, and know, that psi is meaningless for the most part.

12-15 psi off a dinky turbo = little power gain, little extra fuel required.

12-15 psi off a huge turbo = huge power gain, huge need for fuel.

stock honda map is limited to just under 11 psi. you can't go above this without a 3-bar map.
you can't rnua 3-bar map with out a computer like hon/uber -data to control the new voltage range.

B18A1:
Block-
8.5:1 Compression JE Pistons- dont have yet
.20 Over STD bore- done
Turbo- dont have yet
Eagle rods-dont have yet
Stock crank- got it
New Oil pump- got it
New Water pump- got it
Head-
New stock valve springs- got it
After market valves but not sure what kind yet
Stock cams- got um
AEM cam gears- got um
Skunk2 Intake Mani- got it

And still thinkin.......

Just FYI, the ECU can run up to 1000 CC injectors when using CROME or Uberdata. Over 1000cc, the opening time is so slow it is nearly impossible to get the thing to run properly at low RPMs or idle. It iss till tricky to tune large injectors, so beware you will need a bit of dyno time to get it running well. You can run a GM 3 bar map sensor and do anything that Hondata can, while spending a lot less $.

Correct me if im worng. Once manifold pressure is more then 1lb the ecu generates an error code?
yes, it will throw a code, cut timing, and all that.... but its at about 3 psi that this happens.

1400-1600cc injectors have ideled at 900 rpms with hondata on several street cars that i know of. if you can't idle 1000's with just a hair bump in idel rpm, the tuner is doing something wrong.

but mind you, you'll blow your unsleeved overbored b18a sky high before you even need something bigger than a 550cc.

if you havne't gotten the pistons yet, dont. 8.5:1 sucks. get 9-9.5:1 range. you'll make more power, and have better off-boost drivability.

Back