Stock EG DX - starting problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CdnCRXsi

Hi Everyone,

In the past couple of days I have started to have troubles starting my car. I am not quite sure as to why it would be doing this since it ran perfectly fine for 3 years.
The problem seems to be that when the car shuts off, it takes a fair amount of cranking to actually get it started. At first I thought it was fuel pump, or a leak in the fuel lines, but after I got home last night I shut the car off and then immediately tried to restart it, and it sat there just turning over.

Any suggestions as to what it could possibly be?

Thanks,

Justin

Well I know it is not the starter. If it was the starter OR the battery, the car would not be cranking over as it was normally. The starter is new, so that is not the issue. It's not the starting mechanisms, but fuel delivery. It had some hesitation this morning for some reason, but I'm not worrying about that.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had this sort of problem where it takes a minute or so for the car to actually start up and fire. Although I will be doing a tune-up on the car this weekend so I'll see if that cures the problem.

well i've had that same problem and i thought it couldn't be the battery either, but it was

when was the last time the battery was replaced?

i have had this exact problem before and had a brand new battery and tested the alt.and starter and everything was good. the issue was that it would turn over fine and fast but would never fire and this could last up to 30 min. some times. ended up being the main relay because it does effect your fuel system

tip, thanks for the input.

I ended up changing the distributor, but the one I got was out of a d16z6, and actually proved to be different than the d15b7. I only discovered this tonight after I had changed the distributor again and saw the difference. The car lives again... finally. I think I know what the problem with my crx is now...

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Justin

Back