Stock Exhaust B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRB16A

I just have a quick question. When I swapped the B16A in my Honda I didnt upgrade the exhaust system. It still has the original exhaust system that came stock with the 91. My main question is when I put a header/cat-back exhaust will I notice a difference, if any? Also what size exhaust does everyone recommend for the B16A?

if you do the full exhaust system (header to catback) you will defently see a decent improvement in power. Remember, your engine is like a air pump. It sucks in air through the intake and deposits it out the exhaust. When there is one thing in the system that is inhibiting flow, then everything will slow down.

2.25 in is a good diameter for a NA honda with not alot of mods (highly built na honda's should look at 2.5inchs, and turbo honda's, 3inches)

I ended up doing a dc sport header first and notice a difference even with the stock exhast.
then I did a high flow cat and 2.5 pipe and a muffler and notice even more.

Originally posted by 4DRB16A@Apr 12 2005, 12:30 PM
Im still looking for an exhaust system and I decided to go with a custom job. I am going to keep my stock cat and run 2.25" from the cat back and was thinking about getting this muffler:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33636

This should bolt up just find right? Im a noob :)
[post=486160]Quoted post[/post]​

to run that muffler on your 91 your going to have to have it come out on the pass side and have to modify your bumper.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Apr 12 2005, 12:44 PM
I ended up doing a dc sport header first and notice a difference even with the stock exhast.
then I did a high flow cat and 2.5 pipe and a muffler and notice even more.
[post=486170]Quoted post[/post]​

What cat did you get? I was thinking about going with the 2.25" car-sound cat.

Alright guys I have heard several sound clips from different muffler websites and I think magnaflow sounds the best.

I want to buy the DC 4-2-1 header, Car Sound Cat, and Magnaflow muffler. I was going to buy these parts and bring it to a local shop to install. My question is what magnaflow muffler do I get that will just replace my muffler I have now without doing any modifications to make it fit? Oh yeah and also when I order my DC header do I just get one for a 90-93 Integra?

Oh yeah I decided on going with the 2.25" exhaust pipe size. So should my cat size by 2.25" or does it matter?

Thanks!

Im not sure how big a difference the different mufflers make in sound. A big part of losing the tin-y sound associated with a lot of imports is to have a resonator welded into your exhaust line. On my 90 integra with a b16 i had carsound cat routed straight to a unresonated exhaust with a tsudo muffler. It wasnt terribly tinny, but it was loud. For the b16 in my crx i stuck with my carsound cat but hooked it up to a 2.5 exhaust and had a 18in magnaflow resonator hooked inline with it. The sound is much more subdued than it was with my integra.

Back