stock exhaust size question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I was looking at the exhaust today on my 90 si hatch, and it looked like the exhaust from the cat to the resananator was bigger than the exhaust from the resanator back. From the cat it almost looked bigger than the 2 inch downpipe on my header. I've been looking at cat-backs, but if all i need is that rear section I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper. So does anyone know if the mid section is larger in diameter than the rear section, or did it just look that way?

Quoted post[/post]]
I was looking at the exhaust today on my 90 si hatch, and it looked like the exhaust from the cat to the resananator was bigger than the exhaust from the resanator back. From the cat it almost looked bigger than the 2 inch downpipe on my header. I've been looking at cat-backs, but if all i need is that rear section I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper. So does anyone know if the mid section is larger in diameter than the rear section, or did it just look that way?

anybody?

Back