Stock injectors? h22a low boost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DVJr84

H22A4drCivic
Im about to throw a turbo on my stock h22a I was wondering if i could use my stock injectors considering im not going to run no more than 10 pounds of boost? Someone told me I could and another told me I couldnt. I plan on using about 5-7 street and 8-10 racing. I know using stock map i can only use about 10 max actually 10.66 max to be exact just not sure about the injectors...

Last edited:
First off we don't know your setup so telling us how many pounds you plan on forcing into your engine means very little. Regardless, I would never recommend anyone to use stock injectors on a turbo motor. Don't skimp out, you'll be sorry later.

What size turbo? I ran my Accord stockers with a smaller turbo and 6psi. They were running in the high 90's for IDC's. I bought new ones right away, it was just for testing the ecu more or less.

im running a t3/t4 turbo, but i was thinking of running a smaller turbo for a quicker spool since my motor is stock and im running low boost

The t3/t4 wont work well with stock injectors. I would def have to recommend going bigger with any amount boost on that turbo. if you went smaller and low boost you might be ok.

When I finally get to saving some money for my R series Turbo, even though I'm going to be using a rather small turbo on low boost, I'm still gonna upgrade the injectors. Better safe than sorry.

Back